- HONG KONG- WHERE GLAMOUR AND LUXURY RESIDES TOGETHER
- WHAT ARE THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN HONG KONG?
- 1. STAR FERRY
- 2. HONG KONG SKYLINE
- 3. VICTORIA PEAK
- 4. BIG BUDDHA (TIAN TAN BUDDHA STATUE)
- 5. WONG TAI SIN TEMPLE
- 6. REPULSE BAY AND THE BEACHES
- 7. OCEAN PARK
- 8. DRAGON’S BACK HIKE
- 9. TAI O FISHING VILLAGE
- 10. TEN THOUSAND BUDDHAS MONASTERY
- 11. HONG KONG PARK
- 12. MAN MO TEMPLE
- SOME POINTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE VISITING HONG KONG
- WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT HONG KONG?
- HOW TO REACH THE MOST POPULAR PLACES FROM THE AIRPORT?
- WHAT ARE THE LOW-COST FLIGHTS TO HONG KONG?
- IF YOU ARE FLYING FROM INDIA
- IF YOU ARE FLYING FROM THE USA
- AIRLINES THAT FLY TO HONG KONG
- WHAT ARE THE MOST FUN THINGS TO DO IN HONG KONG?
- HOP ON THE QUINTESSENTIAL STAR FERRY
- ENJOY THE RIDE ON THE PEAK TRAM
- SMASH THE THINGS THAT YOU WANT
- WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR PLACES TO EAT IN HONG KONG?
- WHAT ARE THE CHEAPEST PLACES TO STAY IN HONG KONG?
- CHEAPEST PLACES TO STAY IN HONG KONG
HONG KONG- WHERE GLAMOUR AND LUXURY RESIDES TOGETHER
To delineate the charm of Hong Kong, charismatic is the word that will come to your mind. Hong Kong is not only about the delectable Dim Sum, and gorgeous skyline, but it is also drenched in the colours of culture and history. Plan your Hong Kong visit with our guide today.
Right now, it is one of the most stunning shopping destinations in the world. Thus, it attracts a massive number of tourists from all around the globe. Well, to be more precise, it is pretty challenging to confine the energy of this city within a few words. It is eccentric, beautiful, gorgeous as well as charming. One of the fascinating facts about Hong Kong is that it is a tiny place, but somehow it manages to love a perfect life. Well, you can describe Hong Kong as a poetically surreal place you will witness a lot of dreamlike aspects. From all the latest technological innovations to old temples, Hong Kong consists of everything in its bucket. So, let us dive into the chimeric and glamorous realm of Hong Kong, and explore the city.
WHAT ARE THE BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN HONG KONG?
To address Hong Kong as the city only, will be an understatement. You can consider this place as a pure craft of nature. It is a subtropical archipelago that is made up of 236 islands, rocky protrusions, and islets. Most of these islands are tranquil, enthralling and gorgeous. Do you want to know more? Here are the best places to visit in Hong Kong.
1. STAR FERRY
Star Ferry is one of the symbolic and best places to visit in Hong Kong. The construction of the Star ferry dates back in 1880. To enjoy the ambience and the serenity of this place, you have to spend a few Hong Kong dollars. And that makes it one of the finest deals in the land of Hong Kong. Victoria Harbour is the centre of the attraction where you will witness all the buzzing activities. When you will travel towards Hong Kong from Kowloon, the cool breeze of the sea will soothe your nerves. You also don’t have to care about the time as they have frequent services.
2. HONG KONG SKYLINE
Hong Kong skyline is amongst the best skylines in the world. The vibrant skyscrapers, in the heart of both Hong Kong and Kowloon, along with the harbour, and the neighbouring mountains make this place exceptional. During the night, the Hong Kong skyline creates a psychedelic ambience as the city lights make their way. The traditional red-sailed Chinese junk boats enhance the vibrancy of modern high-rises. Two of the best places, from where you can cherish the delightful view of the Hong Kong skyline are Kowloon Waterfront and the top of the Victoria Peak.
3. VICTORIA PEAK
Your trip to Hong Kong will be unfinished if you miss visiting the Victoria peak. Once you reach that peak, you will get the finest view of the Hong Kong Skyline. From there, you can extract the soul of the city by experiencing a beguiling view of the skyscrapers, surrounding islands, and the bustling city. To reach the Victoria point you have to take a tram ride, which itself is bewildering. The best time to visit the peak is the evening when you can enjoy the remarkable skyline of the Hong Kong city. Also, it is one of the most fun things to do in Hong Kong.
4. BIG BUDDHA (TIAN TAN BUDDHA STATUE)
It is amongst the biggest Buddha Statues of its kind. It is so huge that it took twelve years to complete the construction of this stature. This Buddha statue was built in the year of 1993, and it is residing at the Po Lin Monastery. Because of its huge size, it attracts tourists like a giant magnet. Besides, the setting of this statue is also marvellous. Lush green forest surrounds this statue. You can take a bus to visit this place but to relish the most beautiful views; you can take the Ngong Ping Cable car. It is also one of the fun things to do in Hong Kong.
5. WONG TAI SIN TEMPLE
It is one of the most interesting as well as the newest temples in Hong Kong. Nestled in Kowloon, and originally a private structure, it was constructed in 1920. Later in 1968, a newer building replaced it. This temple is dedicated to the Taoist God Wong Tai Sin. According to the locals, Wong Tai Sin is the god responsible for bringing good luck and curing illness. It is a vibrant complex that consists of numerous other buildings. Other buildings consist of ‘Hall of Three Saints’, ‘Good wish Garden’, and a hall dedicated to Confucius.
6. REPULSE BAY AND THE BEACHES
Beaches are one of the underground travelling aspects of Hong Kong. Most of the people don’t consider visiting the beaches when they are in Hong Kong. But Hong Kong is home to some soft sand beaches, and Repulse Bay is one of them. Well, if you want to spend some time by yourself or your family, you can visit the beach. This beach has some amazing views in its palate to offer. You can enjoy the art of swimming as it is a brilliant place to swim. Other beaches that you can visit in Hong Kong are Big Wave Bay and Shek O Beach.
7. OCEAN PARK
Like any other theme parks, it has many thrills to offer. There, you can enjoy a bunch of activities that will boost up your adrenaline rush. Some of the activities that you can enjoy here are- roller coasters, a walk through the old Hong Kong, witnessing rare, unique, and exotic wildlife, and experiencing a Grand aquarium. Well, the grand aquarium consists of more than 400 species of fishes, a Reef Tunnel. This aquarium will also give you a chance to come across with sea cucumbers and sea stars.
8. DRAGON’S BACK HIKE
Dragon’s Back hike is amongst the most popular things to do in Hong Kong. If hiking is something that fascinates you, then we would suggest you not to miss this. While hiking through this place, you will witness some striking views of nature. It will establish a feeling of peace in your heart and will allow you to surrender yourself to the lap of nature. On the way of this outstanding hike, you will come across the ocean, Mount Collinson, Big Wave Bay, Shake O, and Stanley. The chirping birds, rattling sounds of the small waterfalls and the breeze of the ocean will bring you to a state of trance.
9. TAI O FISHING VILLAGE
Now, Tai O village is one of the unique places of Hong Kong. However, it is one of the most popular places as well. Visiting this place will allow you to escape the chaos of the city, theme parks, and crowded markets. People here live a traditional and quieter lifestyle. Well, this is the place to the Tanka people. They offer boat rides to the tourists, and those rides are quite relaxing. After the ride, you can now visit the local markets of the place where you will find fresh seafood.
10. TEN THOUSAND BUDDHAS MONASTERY
Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery is nestled in Sha Tin. This place is a blissful escape from the bustles of central Hong Kong. This place will give you a good chance to explore the countryside of Hong Kong. As the temple is residing on a hilltop, you have to take curving and long stairs to reach this monastery. The number of steps is approximately 400 steps. While going through the steps, you will a unique scene. There are hundreds of golden statues lined in that stairway. The most interesting part is, each of those statues has quirky facial expression.
11. HONG KONG PARK
You can consider this park to be the true oasis amongst the jungle of the skyscrapers. Besides, it is one of the most peaceful places in the city to visit. This is quite a large park that comprises of small forests or matured trees, varieties of the attractions, and water features. Aviary is one of the major attractions of this park. Here, you will find more than 80 species of birds, hovering through the top of this park. It will be challenging for you to believe the fact that it is not an actual jungle. To be more specific, this park is a work of wonder.
12. MAN MO TEMPLE
When you take a stroll through the Hollywood road, the smell of incense will reach your nostrils. And when that smell comes, you have to understand that those are coming from the Man Mo temple. This saw its light in the year of 1847. The interior of the temple is quite engrossing and is filled with smoke. Here the burning coil incense hangs from the ceiling and delivers a delightful smell. Here, the worshipers pay tribute to ‘Man’, the god of literature, and ‘Mo’, the god of war. Well, make sure that you visit the Mo Man temple that is residing in Hollywood. There are other Man Mon temples across the Hong Kong city.
SOME POINTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE VISITING HONG KONG
Well, every place has its uniqueness. Thus, it is vital to acknowledge that uniqueness before visiting that place. It will allow you to cherish your trip to the most. It will also allow you to absorb the cultural significance of that place.
- So, here are some points that you need to determine before you head towards Hong Kong.
- Do not consider Hong Kong as a layover city. There are vast numbers of activities to do in Hong Kong.
- Avoid visiting Hong Kong at the wrong time. If you visit this place in summer, no one can deter you from suffering.
- Avoid paying the entrance fee for the platform of peak viewing. Do not go to Sky terrace 428, which has an entrance fee. Instead, to the Victoria peak.
- Avoid star ferry during the rush hour. Or else, you cannot enjoy the ride properly.
- Do not stop at eating Dim Sum only. Well, Dim Sum is a must, but relish the other culinary varieties as well.
- Going to the crowded neighbourhoods on the weekend is a big no.
- Explore other places apart from Hong Kong Island as well. Numerous other sites will make your jaws drop.
- Don’t head towards the avenue of the stars as the place is quite crowded and chaotic.
- Mini-buses are an excellent mode of transports. They will help you to save a reasonable amount of time and money.
- Don’t always go for the taxis. Well, we can understand that taxis are quite cheap there, but there is a possibility that the taxi driver will not pick you up.
More things to do in Hong Kong Visit
- Malls are not the only places to shop in Hong Kong. Also, try to opt for indie shops as they have some amazing collections in their bucket.
- Cooked food centres are also amazing. They serve some lip-smacking food. Besides, they will be lighter to your pocket.
- Museums are a must-visit. Do not afford to miss the museums. This city has some incredible museums in the world.
- Avoid spending money on the knickknacks. Instead of those, go for the souvenirs that will stay with you for a lifetime.
- Deter yourself from going to the Lan Kwai Fong. You find nothing exciting there.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT HONG KONG?
To enjoy the best of Hong Kong, you can either visit in March or April. Again, October and November are the times when you can visit Hong Kong. And if you want to witness the best festivals in Hong Kong, January and February are the two months to visit there.
HOW TO REACH THE MOST POPULAR PLACES FROM THE AIRPORT?
To reach the city centre of Hong Kong, taking the Airport express is the best option. Well, the city centre is the most familiar landmark in Hong Kong. It will take only 24 minutes to reach the city centre if you make the airport express. Also, the frequency of this train is good. You will get the train within the interval of 10 to 12 minutes.
WHAT ARE THE LOW-COST FLIGHTS TO HONG KONG?
You will find numerous airlines that provide low cost flights to Hong Kong. Let us have a look at the low-cost flights to Hong Kong.
IF YOU ARE FLYING FROM INDIA
- Try IndiGo
- or, Thai Airways
- maybe Thai AirAsia
- Spicejet also
- China Eastern can be taken
- or take Dragon Air
IF YOU ARE FLYING FROM THE USA
- China Southern
- China Eastern
- United Airlines
- Xiamen Air
- Air China
AIRLINES THAT FLY TO HONG KONG
Flights from all over the world head towards the Hong Kong International Airport. Well, if you want to save some significant amount of money, you can book your flight tickets in advance. Apart from saving your money your money, it will also protect from the last-moment hassles. You will always find out that some airlines are providing low-cost flights to Hong Kong. Well, let us acknowledge some most popular and low-cost flights to Hong Kong.
- Thai AirAsia
- Cathay Pacific
- Cathay Dragon
WHAT ARE THE MOST FUN THINGS TO DO IN HONG KONG?
Hong Kong is a place where you can enjoy a lot of things. Be it adventure or admiring the beauty of nature, there are numerous things that you can do in Hong Kong. So, if you are searching for fun things to do in Hong Kong, you are in the right place. We are about to discuss that.
HOP ON THE QUINTESSENTIAL STAR FERRY
Now, if you don’t experience the Star Ferry in Hong Kong, you will miss a significant thing. Here, you can get the most vibrant view of the Hong Kong skyline. And when it mixes up with the Victoria Harbour, your eyes will dance in the joy of satisfaction. Well, this is the place where a lot of Hollywood movies has shot. Besides, it is also amongst the cheapest and most pleasurable modes of transport. To be more precise, it is a blessing to the city of Hong Kong.
ENJOY THE RIDE ON THE PEAK TRAM
To reach the highest point of Hong Kong, nothing can come at par with the peak tram. It is not only the quickest way to reach the top but is also a beautiful way to visit. The best part about Peak Tram is that it provides a delightful service. It starts its journey in the seven o clock in the morning and runs till midnight. Once you ride this vehicle, you witness some of the most beautiful views of the city. Well, do not forget to enjoy the bird’s eye view of the enthralling Hong Kong city, once you reach the summit.
SMASH THE THINGS THAT YOU WANT
Now, this is one of the most unusual and unique things that you can do in Hong Kong. If you have a lot of stress in your life, you can visit the Ikari Area. It is the perfect place to throw out all your rage. You can visit this place, grab a bat, and smash all the things that you want. All your frustrations will go out. Also, you will get rid of all your negativities. There will be numerous things in the room, like fridges, washing machines, and piles of things that you can smash. So, whenever you visit this place, demolish everything that comes to your site. When you leave this place, you will be satisfied.
WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR PLACES TO EAT IN HONG KONG?
- Yardbird– They are doing this business for almost seven years. Right now, they are one of the most popular places to eat in Hong Kong. The food here is palatable, and they serve it with care and love.
- Caprice– If you have fascinations about different types of flavours, this is the place for you. The most renowned dishes of this place are Alaskan king crab with oysters, caviar and the prawn jelly. This restaurant also has a fascinating collection of wines.
- The cahirman– It is considered as one of the best restaurants in Asia. One of the most spectacular parts of this restaurant is that they serve organic food. Whenever you visit this restaurant, don’t forget to gorge on their classic dish- pigeon with lodging tea, and chrysanthemum.
- Ecriture– This is an art-themed restaurant. All the art lovers will fall in love with this place. Thus, do not miss to visit this restaurant if you are an admirer of art and culture.
WHAT ARE THE CHEAPEST PLACES TO STAY IN HONG KONG?
If your budget has some constraints, you can look for the cheapest places to stay in Hong Kong. They are not only affordable, but they will provide you with exceptional services. So, let us have a look at them.
CHEAPEST PLACES TO STAY IN HONG KONG
- Charterhouse Causeway Bay- Wan Chai District
- Metropark Hotel Kowloon- Kowloon
- Royal Park Hotel- Sha Tin District
- Harbour Plaza Metropolis- Kowloon
Hong Kong is a beautiful place and has many things to offer to its tourists. Maybe, it is a small island, but when it comes to life, Hong Kong has all of it. From beautiful places to lip-smacking food, Hong Kong has everything in its palate. Well, before going to Hong Kong, we would suggest you visit there in the suitable season. Or else, there is a possibility that the weather will ruin your trip.
To make your trip to Hong Kong more unforgettable, you can join hands with BookOnBoard. This is a website for touring and travelling. It will help you to get rid of all the hassles that come with a tour. This website is crafted in such a way that it can serve the purpose of all the travellers. From Hong Kong holiday packages to low-cost flights to Hong Kong, they will take care of everything. Well, they have connections with more than 5000 thousand hotels in the world. So, get in touch with them if you want to witness the finest of services.