Planning to go on a trip on bard an EasyJet Airlines flight? Then you must know the EasyJet carry on policy update for 2021. That’s right, EasyJet has changed their cabin baggage allowance policy for all flights from 10th February 2021. Therefore, please read through this article to find out everything about EasyJet Baggage Allowance, Sizes, Fees & Weight Policy (2021).
- EasyJet Baggage Allowance Policy Summary
- EasyJet Baggage Allowance Rules
- EasyJet Carry-On Baggage Allowance
- EasyJet Checked Baggage Allowance
- EasyJet checked bags fees
- EasyJet Carry-On Permitted and Prohibited Items
- EasyJet cabin bags allowed items list with conditions
- EasyJet cabin bags prohibited items list
- EasyJet additional baggage fees
- FAQ’s about EasyJet Baggage Allowance
EasyJet Baggage Allowance Policy Summary
EasyJet Baggage Allowance Rules
|Seat Selection||Standard customer||EasyJet Plus card / FLEXI fare ticket|
|None||1x small cabin bag||1x small cabin bag + 1x extra cabin bag (if space available)|
|Standard seat||1x small cabin bag||1x small cabin bag + 1x extra cabin bag (if space available)|
|Up Front seat||1x small cabin bag + 1x extra cabin bag||1x small cabin bag + 1x extra cabin bag (Free)|
|Extra Legroom seat||1x small cabin bag + 1x extra cabin bag||1x small cabin bag + 1x extra cabin bag (Free)|
EasyJet Carry-On Baggage Allowance
In EasyJet flights, how many bags you can take on board depends upon the seat you have booked.
- If you have booked a standard seat (or have given no seat type preference), then you can bring only one small cabin bag per person on board.
- Maximum size of EasyJet cabin bag: 45 cm × 36 cm × 20 cm
- The bag must fit in the under-seat space in front of you
- If you have booked an Extra legroom seat, or an Up Front seat, then you can bring an additional bag on board an EasyJet flight. This is called an extra cabin bag and it can be larger.
- Maximum size of EasyJet extra bag: 56 cm × 45 cm × 25 cm or 22” × 18” × 10”
- This bag must fit in the overhead bin
- Maximum weight of EasyJet carry on bags: unlimited (but you will have to be able to carry the bags yourself in your hand)
- EasyJet cabin bags are allowed free of charge presently
If you have booked a standard seat (or had not mentioned any preference), then you can still bring an EasyJet extra cabin bag on board, if you are an EasyJet Plus cardholder or a FLEXI fare customer. However, this will only be allowed if there is any space left for your large bag in the overhead bin. If there is no more room there, the large bag will be taken as an EasyJet checked bag, and charges may be applied for that.
Note that since Extra Legroom seats or Up Front seats are free for EasyJet Plus cardmembers or FLEXI fare customers. So, you wouldn’t need to worry about the above rule in general, if you book well in advance when there are plenty of seats available.
EasyJet Checked Baggage Allowance
- Maximum number of EasyJet checked baggage: 3 bags per seat booked
- Maximum size of EasyJet checked bag: 275 cm in total dimensions (length + width + height)
- Maximum weight of EasyJet hold luggage: 23 kg per bag (but they recommend 15 kg bags)
You can also opt to drop your extra cabin luggage (56 × 45 × 25 cm) at bag drop desk for a small fee, if you cannot take it in-flight. This is called an EasyJet hands free journey.
EasyJet checked bags fees
The EasyJet hold luggage charges will depend mostly upon the flight route you choose, and in some cases, it will also depend upon the source and destination regions. Here are the minimum to maximum EasyJet checked baggage fares.
- For luggage up to 15 kgs: $10 to $53 if booked online or at airport
- For luggage from 15 to 23 kgs: $14 to $64 if booked online
- Flat $60 if booked at baggage drop
- Flat $65 if booked at boarding
- For small sports equipment under 20 kgs: $45 (online booking) or $60 (at airport)
- Hands free fee: $9 for a cabin bag dropped at bag drop desk ($22 for family groups up to 6 persons)
EasyJet Carry-On Permitted and Prohibited Items
EasyJet has slightly different rules for allowed and restricted items in-flight, so read the following list of items permitted or prohibited in EasyJet cabin bags. This applies to both EasyJet personal items and EasyJet extra cabin bags.
EasyJet cabin bags allowed items list with conditions
- Liquid items: non-alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, soup, gases or aerosols in cannisters, gels or creams
- Maximum allowed size per item: 100 ml (container size)
- Maximum allowed total size: 1000 ml
- All items should be packed inside one transparent zip lock bag (20 × 20 cm)
- Hot drinks: must have been purchased at airport and have a good lid.
- Food: depends upon airport rules.
- Infant needs: baby food, formula, breast milk, sterilized water
- Maximum size: up to 1000 ml in total
- You may have to taste it to show it is safe
- Smoking items: you cannot smoke on board EasyJet flights, but you can take some smoking items as follows.
- General cigarettes: inside cabin bags only (amount depends upon local laws).
- Lighters: 1, in your pocket only
- Matches are not allowed
- E-cigarettes: in your cabin bag, with 2 spare batteries max
- Maximum strength: less than 70%
- Maximum allowed: 5 liters in total
- Must be packed with factory seal intact
- Sharp objects: tweezers, scissors, knives only
- Scissors: must have rounded ends and blade should be less than 6 cm long
- Knife: blade must be less than 6 cm long
- Wedding dresses: when packed into a dress carry case max 56 × 45 × 25 cm in size
- Counted as extra cabin bag
- Must fit in the overhead locker
- Christmas crackers: up to 2 factory-sealed boxes, depends upon airport rules
- Dry ice: up to 2.5 kg, only used to preserve perishable goods. May need to open container.
- Remains: human or pet ashes in appropriate container
- Must have death and cremation certificate
- May need to open container
- Video recording equipment: camera, stand, etc.
- Maximum size: 63 × 27 × 28 cm
- Must be slowed in overhead bin
- Must remove any batteries
- Cannot be taken in hold – so, arrive extra early and pack it in
- Musical instruments: will be taken as a carry on
- Maximum size: 30 × 120 × 38 cm
- Larger equipment can be taken in an additional purchased seat
- Equipment larger than a cello must be checked as an EasyJet hold luggage
- Medical oxygen/air cylinder: less than 5 kg in total is allowed
- Non-radioactive medicine only
- Must have valid prescription and other documents
- Maximum size: 2 kgs or 2 liters in total, and each item less than half kilos or half liters
- Scuba gear: only empty cylinders with valves removed
- Smart bags: battery must be removed completely before boarding
- Battery powered electronics (including medical devices): battery must be removed before boarding
- Maximum 160 watt-hour power
- Maximum 8 grams of lithium
- All batteries carried on board must be in perfectly working condition
- Maximum 2 spare batteries (within above limits)
- If battery cannot be removed: battery must be less than 100 watt-hours, and be completely non-removable by user.
- Electric mobility devices: with less than 300 watt-hour battery only
- Battery must be completely removed and terminals taped shut
- One spare battery can also be taken
EasyJet cabin bags prohibited items list
- Liquid oxygen
- Stunning devices
- Firearms or other projectile device, and ammo
- Camping stoves with fuel containers (may be allowed if fuel drained and dried for 6 hours)
- Security tape attaché cases
- Wet and/or spillable batteries (alone or in device)
- Instruments containing elemental mercury (like a thermometer)
- Aerosols in Division 2.2
- Explosive or incendiary items
- Any blunt instrument
- Any sharp instrument
- Mechanical tools
- Dangerous chemicals and/or toxic substance
- Hoverboards or e-scooters
EasyJet additional baggage fees
You can take up to 3 bags each of 23 kgs in the airplane holds as EasyJet checked bags. Above this number and weight, you will have to pay substantial extra charges to take any extra baggage. Please consult the table below.
|ONLINE BOOKING||AT AIRPORT|
|EXTRA WEIGHT||$12 per 3 kgs||$16 per 1 kg|
- Maximum weight allowed for EasyJet overweight bags: 32 kgs
- Large sports equipment: in EasyJet, you can take large sports equipment that are above 20 kilos in weight up to 32 kgs.
- Online booking fee: $61
- Booking at airport: $74
- Social distancing rules are in effect at airports
- Face mask must be worn in the airport and in the airplane at all times
- You must stow your own bag and close the locker yourself
- Food: no menu and limited food
- Flights are equipped with HEPA filters and are disinfected daily
FAQ’s about EasyJet Baggage Allowance
- Can I take a handbag as well as hand luggage on an easyJet flight?
- EasyJet Plus, FLEXI fare, Upfront and Extra Legroom customers can bring an additional small bag (such as a handbag or laptop) at a maximum size of 45 × 36 × 20 cm and must be placed under the seat in front.
- How strict are easyJet with hand luggage?
- EasyJet now states that if you’re travelling with hand luggage only, you’ll be limited to one main bag on board with no weight limit. According to them, your bag must fit in the sizer and so be easily stored in the overhead compartment.
- How much luggage can I take on easyJet?
- A standard hold bag is 23kg. You can buy extra weight in 3kgs units, up to a maximum of 32kg per bag.
- How much is a 15kg bag on easyJet?
- EasyJet launches new bag allowance for 15kg suitcases that costs just £8.99.
- Is a ladies’ handbag Classed as hand luggage?
- Yes, it will be classed as hand luggage as well. If you take a handbag then that is your hand luggage.
- Can I wear a bum bag on EasyJet?
- A bum bag or fanny pack is an accessory, like a backpack or a lady’s purse/handbag, and you should be prepared for it to be treated as such.
- Does it cost more to add luggage after booking easyJet?
- The cost of adding a bag at the time of booking is the same as adding it online through Manage Bookings. It is only more if you were to try adding a bag at the airport.
- What can you take on easyJet hand luggage?
- You can only carry liquids, aerosols and gels in containers of 100ml or less when you pass through security. They should all fit into one transparent, re-sealable 20cm x 20cm bag. In total, each customer can carry a maximum of 1,000ml through security.
- What if my carry on is one inch big?
- You might be forced to check your bag at the boarding gate and be made to pay a checked bag fee.
- What is not allowed in a carry on bag?
- Liquid or gel food items larger than 3.4 oz are not allowed in carry-on bags and should be placed in your checked bags if possible. TSA officers may instruct travelers to separate items from carry-on bags such as foods, powders, and any materials that can clutter bags and obstruct clear images on the X-ray machine.
Please note that for all flights before 10th February 2021, the old EasyJet baggage rules will apply.