- DUBAI ǀ THE EMIRATE OF DREAM
- Dubai Travel Guide: FACTS
- DUBAI TRAVEL GiUIDE: CLIMATE OF DUBAI
- Dubai Travel Guide: HEALTH INDUSTRY
- Dubai Travel Guide: SAFETY
- Dubai Travel Guide: SHOPPING
- Dubai Travel Guide: TRANSPORTATION
- Dubai Travel Guide: TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
- Explore Middle East / Western Asia
DUBAI ǀ THE EMIRATE OF DREAM
HISTORY of Dubai
History has told us that, Dubai was supposed to be in existence even before the formation of the United Arab Emirates. Then, the background of this city was that of abandoned desert, where possibly only the Bedouin tribes survive. Only Stream of water, an excuse for a creek happened to be the salvation of this desert. While camel (also known as the ship of the desert) was the only means of transportation. Our Dubai Travel Guide will help you navigate this wonderland.
It was only around the 19th century that this abandoned desert came into picture. As travellers passing end-to-end from Mesopotamia to the Indus valley built it into a hub of this kind. Shortly, emblems of civilisation grew, starting with the fishing village at the creek. That was when the tribe of Bani Yas came to reside here, followed by the leading family, The Maktouns. Who established their rein the desert land, and the dynasty continues to rule over Dubai even today.
However, as late as in the 60s when the British colonizers were just leaving the land. Dubai break the world scene that the inhabitant there hit upon oil. Oil was what made Dubai what it is today. An international hotspot for commercial and trade centre if ever there was one. Within a limited time of just four decades, the city restructured its image and went on to become the role model for the several escalating cities. As well as the existing ones, all over the world.
The economy of Dubai is beyond the sky as it is not only propel by Oil. But also the foreign administrations for the several men that made wonders here. This also helped Dubai evolve as a hot tourist destinations. In fact, this city experienced a major population explosion in the recent years. And record approximately 1.5 million as per the latest reports. However Dubai is more diverse in it is demographic make-up than any other city in the world. The native Emiriti inhabitants only account for the quarter of Dubai’s Population. Navigate this using our Dubai Travel Guide.
Today, Dubai – the dream of many tourists, explore some of the most spectacular and epic structures. That has been attracting people from all over the world to witness man made creation in it is full beauty. And it looks as if making magnificent determined plans is almost a penchant or charm for the rulers of the emirate. If Burj Arab wears the crown of being the tallest tower in the whole world, there is also a man-made islands call the “Three Palms and the World”. It is an out outstanding creation by itself.
Tourism has come to contribute almost 40% to the GDP of this great city, and by the look of things. For many travellers natural wonders have taken a back seat, when talking about Dubai and its artificial magic. Let’s look at our Dubai Travel Guide to see what you can do in your Dubai holidays.
Dubai Travel Guide: FACTS
Dubai is the second largest emirate in the United Arab Emirate (UAE). It has a land area of about 38885 square kilometers.
- It is located at the edge of Dubai Gulf
- Dubai in a nutshell is not a city rather an emirate. However, it is generally refer to as part of this emirate. Now known as Dubai City.
- The creek of Dubai partitions this city in to two regions. Its known as the Diera (in the North) and the Bur Dubai (to its South).
- Dubai has a neighbouring juxtaposition with three continents, namely Asia, Europe, as well as Africa.
- It is the centre of commerce of the United Arab Emirates.
- Dubai has a population mark of over 2 within just a short life span of time.
- Almost 70% of the inhabitant population in Dubai is comprise of foreign immigrants.
- Dubai crow the highest population in the whole of the United Arab Emirate.
- The AL-Maktoum dynasty has been ruling over Dubai for over 186 years now.
- Trade, financial services as well as real estate are the Emirate’s major source of revenue
- Only 6% of the total revenue of Dubai’s economy is receive from its trademark riches of natural gas and petroleum.
Facts of Dubai 1
- For the whole of United Arab Emirate as well as Dubai Dirham is the main currency
- Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the only emirate to have the privilege of veto power in the legislature of the country. When matters related to crucial aspect of the nation are in question
- In the whole of Middle East the main hub for gold jewellery lies in the hand of Dubai
- Burj Dubai is now the tallest building and also the tallest built man made structure ever.
- United Arab Emirate’s first ever man-made island create in Dubai and as the Palm Island.
- Researched and recent updates shows that Dubai reckon the fastest growing city in the world.
- Even though the city is essentially located in a desert region. It is now boast of some of the best indoor ski slopes. Where snow weighing up to 6000 tons is in use.
- In Dubai the government has restrained from collecting any kind of income tax or personal tax. On the citizens of the city.
- Dubai is one of the highest per capita income of the world
- As a desert region, the city only receive 13cm f annual precipitation on a yearly average.
- Dubai has one of most cultural societies in the world.
- It has the most diverse cultural societies in the world.
- Dubai, however, follows a class-based structure in its social makeup. And it is the migrant workers who form the lower class in the social hierarchy.
Facts of Dubai 2
- Dubai International Airport is the heart of Emirates Airways, which operate for all the Emirates of the UAE
- Dubai International Airport is the 6th most popular International Airport in the world.
- Football & cricket are the most closely follow sports in Dubai.
- Dubai host the most note event every year. Dubai International Film Festival attracts the biggest celebrities form all over the world.
- Dubai’s Nightlife party and culture has caught on popularly in this city. In 2008 Dubai was list as New York Times travel choice for a good partying environment.
- Though infrastructure wise and economically Dubai is highly progressive and modern. The government regulates strict censorship to protect the cultural as well as political nature in the Emirate. Some of the major things considered to be a violation include drugs, homosexuality, Darwin’s theory of evolution, etc.
- Arabic is the official Language of Dubai. However, the other popular languages spoken here are English, Urdu, Hindi, Malayalam, Persian, Bengali, Chinese, Tagalog and several others.
- As provided in the UAE’s constitution Islam is the official religion of the United Arab Emirates.
- Apart from Muslims, the other prominent religious communities in Dubai are the Hindus, the Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and several others.
DUBAI TRAVEL GiUIDE: CLIMATE OF DUBAI
As Dubai is basically located in a desert region it has a hot arid climate throughout the season. There is persistent sunshine in this region of the world. Also the climate is frequently calm which attract tourists any time of the year. Dubai receives an average annual rainfall, and the minimum annual precipitation that the city gets is about 13 centimetres. The summers are aggressive in this region. Thus most of the building and malls are certainly air condition to ensure that the citizens and tourists are comfortable. It is advisable to travel to Dubai during the pleasant and cold winter season. If possible stay away from this city during the aggressive and hostile summers. Lest you want to spend your vocation just sitting inside your air conditioned hotel.
Dubai Travel Guide: HEALTH INDUSTRY
The city of Dubai has an internationally most recommended standard of the most innovative medical care. In both primary and public health sectors. The public health system is extremely furnishe and highly equip to deal the direst emergencies. While the private health care system ensure that the best medical treatment is provided. To guarantee ample accessibility, the hospitals in the city are tactically situate to face any emergency. There are numerous hospitals all across Dubai. The department of Health and Medical services United Arab Emirate offers affordable medical services. Also employs top professionals from all over the world. However, the medical expensive for tourist is might be high. Therefore you must embark on trip only when your health supports you.
Dubai has the highest life expectancy rate, 77.87 years for the females and 72.73 years for the males. While the rate for infant mortality rate in this emirate is 9.2 deaths for every 1000 people of the population. Recent studies also signify that 12.8% is the crude birth rate of this city.
Health issus in Dubai
Despite all the benevolence, in 2006 there were series of chicken pox cases. These record up to 3472 and other infectious diseases such as Pulmonary Tuberculosis, as well as Viral Hepatitis B. If you are embarking on a trip to this emirate of dream it is advisable that you take necessary. To prevent swamped by the common infections there. Another crucial health instruction that is necessary is that every tourist warn to take due care. This is to avoid possibilities of getting head stroke, which is quite dangerous. Another detrimental infection that is dangerous to the tourist is Dehydration. Sometime many tourists face problems related to breathing and respiration.
There is high increase of temperature during the summers which can go up to 500C. This can be unbearable especially for the tourists from the cooler part of the world. Therefore it is best to avoid travelling to this region during that particular time. It is disheartening that the amount of dust accumulated in this region. Can make foreign national prone to some allergies and respiratory problems; therefore you must ensure that you carry enough equipment. For protection from the unbearable heat and high levels of dust and sand.
Dubai Travel Guide: SAFETY
In this day and age, most tourist are mostly concerned about the safety aspect in a destination location. And the get to make sure that they have a better understanding of the whole scene ahead of time. The biggest challenge related to safety in Dubai would be to adapt to strict rules. While you are staying there temporarily. The rulers of the UAE are extremely fanatical and intolerant towards any violation of the principal rules. That are meant to maintain the standard that hail in the Islamic world. Therefore, they try all means possible to shun away illegal act such as drugs particularly. Since there are a lot of manipulative drug marketing systems that can easily scam innocent tourist.
In addition, is necessary to take safety measures with regard to your health. Avoid travelling to Dubai when you are not in good health condition. Because of the high medical charges here for foreign nationals. Also, certain infectious diseases such as pulmonary tuberculosis and chicken pox must give due consideration. Appropriate precautions must take to avoid risky heat strokes in Dubai. Which common due to the high temperatures during the summer seasons.
Issues in Dubai
There are certain sever prohibitions in extreme place like Dubai. And require that adhere to them for the limited period of your stay here. Homosexuality is a great offence, and so is Darwin’s theory of evolution. Cut yourself out of these few things. You will be free from being convict for desecration and violation of the law of the land.
Lastly, are the other safety measures to take which are the most the common ones. That most tourists follow for travels to any part of the world, these are. Taking care of your belongings all the time, avoiding contact with strangers, and so on.
Dubai Travel Guide: SHOPPING
Dubai Shopping Mall
This city is delight and paradise for shoppers and bargain hunters simply for the range of its shopping malls and the hottest and latest style and fashion that every shopping store is abundant with. The best thing about shopping in in this city is the attractive price range on the various items and products that the shops and markets here offer. Below are the ultimate Dubai Travel Guide to direct you to the best places to shop when in Dubai.
- One of the popular shopping malls in Dubai is the Ibn Battuta Shopping mall that is located in Jebel Ali.
- Another popular shopping mall, one of Dubai’s first major ones, is the Bur Jaman Centre that also boasts of the best range of restaurants and cafes as well. This mall is in the Khalid Bin Waleed Street, Bur Dubai.
- Wafi City still leads the list of the best malls to shop in Dubai which is popular for its attractive atrium roofs shape in the form of pyramids than the range of products available here. However, the mall has the most outstanding facilities, and claims an array of over 200 retail stores, as well as a full-blown family centre which includes a theatre, and restaurants as well.
- The Wafi city Mall is in the Al Garhood region, near the Grand Cineplex. The first shopping mall to be purpose-built is the Al Ghurair Centre, which was construct by the Al Ghurair family way back in 1981, on Riqqa road in the Deira region. You can easily find the best range of collections in merchandise here.
- Al Mulla Plaza still is the oldest mall in Dubai. It is between the two emirates, Dubai and Sharjah, along dubai-sharjah Highway.
Dubai Travel Guide: TRANSPORTATION
The transportation in this city is powerful regulate by the Road and Transport Authority (RTA). Which is an added advantage to Dubai’s tourism sector. There is hassle-free transport for all the travellers getting there and even to the travelling within the city. We care much for your hassle-free travel therefore we write below detailed introduction to Dubai’s transportation status.
The Dubai International Airport functions as the most important center for UAE’s Emirates Airline. It is the best airline in the city and has several excellence awards to its credit, for its service and design. This International airport is located at the Al Garhoud district, which is almost 4 kilometres to the southeast of Dubai. Emirate Airline is the largest operating airline in Dubai International Airport. However, other frequent airlines operating from this airport are the Emirates SkyCargo and the FlyDubai airlines.
Another airport under construction is the Dubai World central International Airport in the Jebel Ali Airport City. As one of the most popular airlines, the contribution of Emirates can never be under estimated.
The two important commercial seaports that are in service in Dubai are the Port jabel Ali and the Port Rashid. Which are use as hubs for international trade routes. Port Seed and Dubai creek are the most commonly use for residential purposes.
the Roads and Transport Authority famously run an efficient public transport bus system that runs along a network of 193 routes across the city. Even the taxi system in the city is extensive, and is in fact the most popular means of public transport in the whole of the Emirate. Remarkable steps to greatly improve the public transport system are the ongoing construction of Dubai Metro Project. Another system establishe as a means for public transport is the Burj Dubai Tram System construct 2011.
Dubai Travel Guide: TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
There is no limitation to the spectacular attraction that awaits you here in Dubai. Below is the list of amazing places to visit when in the Emirate.
1. Sheikh Zayed Road: this is one of the most amazing place in the city that signifies the the spectacular progress of the Emirate in all its glory. There are superb and awesome buildings here, like the Emirates Tower Office, the Dubai World Trade Center, and several others.
2. Desert Safari: you can afford to miss this, Desert Safari is a must visit for all the tourist as well as a trip to the magnificent Jumeirah Beach. All the exciting beach activities are explore out here in full form.
3. Ski Dubai: until you are here you will never get to experience snow in the middle of the desert. Ski Dubai is a spectacular destination for sorts and Dubai Museum is a haven forhistory-loving tourists.
CENTRE OF ATTRACTION FOR KIDS IN DUBAI
Dubai has the most splendid places to visit in the whole world and has several water parks design exclusively for the complete entertainment of children. The most famous among them are the Wild Wadi Water Theme Park and the Wonderland theme Park Dubai.
Explore Middle East / Western Asia
- TOP 20 THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI 2020
- Best Dubai Travel Guide in 2020 | Best Advice for your Holidays
- Turkey Travel Guide 2021 | The top 10 Things to do in 2021
- Top 6 Things to Do in Armenia 2020
- Top 10 Best Things to Do in Doha, Qatar May 2020
- New Year Dubai | Visit Top 8 Exquisite Places in 2020
- Top 10 places in Dubai to enjoy New Year’s Eve in 2020