BookOnBoard is fanatical about protecting your privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the highest consumer protection standards. We would like to assure you that we follow appropriate standards when it comes to protecting your privacy on our Sales Channel. This policy outlines the types of personal information collected on our Website, how this data is used/processed and safeguarded as well as how users may exercise their rights with respect to personal information.
What Information We May Process
On your accessing of the Booking Platform, we may process the following categories of information about you, such as:
- Personal details: your username or login details; e-mail id; contact numbers.
- Demographic information: gender; age/date of birth; nationality.
- Location information: location data that describes the precise geographic location of your device.
We also collect other kinds of information from you or other sources, which may include but is not limited to:
- Information about your use of the Services, such as usage data and statistical information, which may be aggregated.
- Non-precise information about the approximate physical location of a user’s computer or device derived from the IP address of such computer or device.
- Device identification, which is a distinctive number associated with a smartphone or similar handheld device, but is different than a hardware serial number.
- Internet Protocol or IP address, which is a unique string of numbers automatically assigned to your device whenever you access the Internet.
- Internet connection means, such as internet service provider, WiFi connection, service set identifier (SSID).
- Device type, settings and software used.
- Log files, which may include IP addresses, browser type, ISP referring/exit pages, operating system,
- Web Beacons, which are electronic files that allow a website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies.
- Pixel Tags, also known as clear GIFs, beacons, spotlight tags or web bugs, which are a method for passing information from the user’s computer to a third party website.
- Local Shared Objects, such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage, such as HTML5.
Under certain circumstances and depending on applicable law, some of this Other Information may constitute Personal Information. Personal Information together with Other Information is hereinafter referred to as “User Information”. “Personal Information” means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is directly or indirectly identifiable.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Information. Where we need to Process your Sensitive Personal Information for legitimate purpose, we do so in accordance with applicable law. The Services are not intended for use by children. We do not collect or otherwise Process Personal Information about race, religion, sexual orientation or health or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive in the ordinary course of our business.
How We Collect or Create Information
We may collect or obtain User Information about you: directly from you; in the course of our relationship with you; when you make your Personal Information public; when you download, install or use any of our Services. We may also receive User Information about you from third parties. We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us. BookOnBoard is not responsible for Personal Information you volunteer about yourself in public areas of the Services. This Policy does not cover the practices of third parties who many provide information about you to BookOnBoard.
Creation of User Information
We may also create User Information about you, such as records of your interactions with us and details of your travel history, for internal administrative purposes and analysis. We may also combine data you have provided to us with data obtained from third parties such as social networks and other data collection entities.
Purposes for Which We May Process Your Information
We may process User Information for the following purposes: providing travel-related information to you; communicating with you; providing advertising to you on the Services and Channels; Lead generation; analyzing your travel interest; conducting surveys; managing our IT systems i.e. identification and mitigation of fraudulent activity; compliance with applicable law; and improving our services.
We may process your User Information to contact you via email, telephone, SMS or other methods of communication to provide you with information regarding our Services that may be of interest to you. We may send information to you regarding our Services, travel offers; upcoming promotions that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us and always in compliance with applicable law.
Cookies, Similar Technologies and Online Behavioral Advertising
What Information We Disclose to Third Parties
We may disclose your User Information to other entities within the Company group, for legitimate business purposes (including operating the Services, and providing services to you), in accordance with applicable law.
In addition, we may disclose your User Information to:
- Any relevant third Party Service Providers such as an Airline, Hotel, Activity Service Provider/s who provide the end services;
- Legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- Outside professional advisors, subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality;
- Third party Processors, located anywhere in the world;
- Any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights;
- Any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security;
- Any relevant third party acquirer, in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets;
When you use a co-branded service (a service operated with a partner of BookOnBoard), or register or otherwise provide information on a co-branded site, you grant us permission to pass the collected information back to that partner, which may include third party service providers whose services are embedded into and/or appear within the Services;
BookOnBoard may use third party advertising service companies for online behavioral advertising or otherwise, and perform related services when you use our Services. Often, these third party advertising companies employ cookies and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of website, app and to understand the booking behavior of the User. We also engage third party providers to assist with the segmentation of this data. We may engage third party providers to assist with the collection, storage and segmentation of Online Data and the providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information. These third party providers may collect User Information from our Services for their own purposes, including but not limited to monitoring fraud around the web.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your Information. Please ensure that any Personal Information that you send to us is sent securely. In certain instances we may use Secure Sockets Layer encryption and/or transfer certain User Information in a non-human readable format to provide protection. However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach, and we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of any third parties.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Information that you send to us are sent securely.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Information that we Process is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and any of your User Information that we Process that you inform us is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) is erased or rectified.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your User Information that we Process is limited to the User Information reasonably necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy or as required to provide you services or access to the Services.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the Processing of User Information carried out by us, or on our behalf, please contact us here: Contact