It will be important to choose a pair of Best Women’s Hiking Boots For High Arches that will provide you with comfort during your hike. Whether you are traversing rocky alpine terrain or trekking along wet and muddy forest paths, you’ll need a good pair of kicks.
Fitting our footwear correctly can be challenging, and we expect it to withstand rough use on the trail. The problem is, who has the time to spend hours studying specs and trying out multiple pairs of shoes? That’s right! To help you find the best hiking shoes, our team has researched, broken in, and trail-tested dozens of hiking shoes over thousands of miles.
The most important step of hiking is choosing the right boots. Any trek is better with happy feet instead of sore arches, blistered heels, and swollen toes. No matter how short or long, any outing becomes a blissful experience when you’re in the backcountry.
- Do High Arches Occur Often?
- Is it possible to hike with high-arched feet?
- How do you determine the proper length of your hiking boots?
- Best Women’s Hiking Boots For High Arches
- How to select the best hiking boots for women
Do High Arches Occur Often?
68% of women and 20% of men have highly arched feet as a congenital condition. It is mostly genetic; however, various neurological disorders and medical conditions can contribute to it.
Is it possible to hike with high-arched feet?
Insoles with support are highly recommended, of course. High-volume insoles are recommended in hiking boots, especially for people with high arches. Ensure the insoles are removed regularly so any moisture trapped inside can dry out. You can wash them by hand with a mild detergent and air dry them if you think they need it. If they begin to deteriorate, replace them immediately.
If you have high arches, what does that mean?
Cavus feet, also known as high-arched feet, are characterized by an abnormally high arch in the foot. As a result, excessive weight is placed on the ball and heel of the foot, causing pain. Most commonly, cavus foot is inherited at birth but can develop at any age.
How do you determine the proper length of your hiking boots?
The length of the boot should be measured while standing up so that your entire weight puts pressure on the foot. You should lace the boots, so your foot comfortably sits in the heel cup. The Toe-to-toe distance between your hiking boots should be one thumb width.
It may be difficult to check your toe if the upper is too stiff, so you may pull the insole out, placing the foot over the top. When you’re standing, the length should be the same.
Best Women’s Hiking Boots For High Arches
KEEN Women’s Targhee Hiking Boot
Everyone knows about the KEEN brand’s popularity; if we talk about this women’s hiking boot, it is made of 100% fabric. These are leather boots, and the leather uppers are durable and long-lasting.
According to manufacturers, you should order half size up from your actual measurement as it will provide you enough room while walking through different types of terrains. On the other side, these are also the best boots for ankle support which we get through ESS and mid-cut height.
Pros and Cons
- Provides excellent arch support
- Made up of 100% fabric
- Rubber sole provides maximum grip
- Treated with PFC free water repellent
- It might be slightly bulky for some people
- WATERPROOF: The KEEN.DRY waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing vapor out without letting water in; All leather is treated with a PFC-free water repellant so you get the same protection without the chemicals
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Non-marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace or imprints when walking indoors
- SUPPORT: The torsion stability External Support Shank (ESS) and mid-cut height adds ankle support and balance on uneven surfaces; Low-profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar; The contoured heel provides next-level stability
- FIT & COMFORT: The metatomical footbed design provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot; This style is running a 1/2 size small; We suggest ordering a 1/2 size larger than your usual size
- CARE TIPS: We've carefully selected leather uppers designed to last; However, if you're wearing your KEENs daily, they won't always be scuff and dirt-free; To treat day to day wear and tear we recommend using a common leather cleaner and conditioner
Timberland Women’s Mid Ankle Boot
Timberland women’s hiking boots are mid-waterproof in beautiful design and finish. Normally, environmentally friendly leather is used in these boots, which is a new step towards innovation.
It is made of 100% leather, and the sole is made of high-quality rubber to provide enough grip while hiking on different terrains. These are waterproof hiking boots with great shock-absorbing cushioning.
These are the perfect women’s hiking boots with trail-ready performance and style. So we can say these are the best hiking boots to give you a natural feel and comfort while walking. The lace design is the most attractive feature of these hiking boots.
Pros and Cons
- Made up of 100% leather
- Trail ready performance
- Comes with the perfect finish
- Comfortable hiking boots.
- Some people feel a little stiff.
- You need waterproof hiking boots that can take on any trail conditions. Our White Ledge leather hikers feature shock-absorbing cushioning, rubber lug outsoles for traction and rugged outdoor-tested style.
- LOOK NO FURTHER for trail-ready performance and style. Our selection of men’s hiking boots, waterproof hiking boots, casual boots, and casual shoes is designed to fit in with your outdoor-ready ensembles.
- TIMBERLAND HAS YOU COVERED whether you're looking for men's boots, women's boots, or kids boots. For the best in hiking boots, rain boots, work boots, casual shoes & boots & more, choose Timberland.
- WHAT YOU NEED IN THE OUTDOORS: Timberland has the gear you need for all your outdoor adventures, including jackets and coats for outdoor activities, backpacks and luggage & outdoor accessories.
- THE BEST IN OUTDOORS: Trust Timberland's line of high-quality men's, women's, and kids boots. hiking boots, outdoor gear, and activewear for all your activities from the trail to the sea to the streets.
Columbia Women’s Shoe Hiking Boot
Columbia women’s hiking boots are made up of leather and textile with rubber soles. They are imported boots with a shaft measurement approximately mid from the arch. It comes up with new technology providing air passage protection.
Due to the high-quality rubber sole, they are perfect for any terrain and any weather. On the other hand, they are very lightweight hiking boots perfect for people with high arches. The laces are very easy to tie, and the upper of the shoes are made up of high-quality leather mesh and webbing for a durable boot.
Pros and Cons
- Very lightweight hiking boots
- Perfect cushioning
- The tongue of these shoes might irritate you at the start, but later on, you will be used to it.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: The Newton Ridge Lightweight Waterproof Hiking Boot features a waterproof waxed canvas and suede leather upper construction, combined with our TECHLITE lightweight midsole, for long-lasting comfort with superior cushioning and high energy return
- DURABLE HIKING BOOT: This women's boot is inspired by classic mountaineering style. A durable mid cut waterproof hiker that provides great traction and comfort. This classic Columbia hiking boot, will deliver reliable and comfortable service
- ALL TERRAIN TRACTION: Our signature Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole provides high grip across a wide variety of terrain, and versatile three season use
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this hiking boot's waterproof combination of supportive waxed canvas and suede construction
- REINFORCED TOE AND HEEL CONSTRUCTION: Designed for extended seasons of use, we’ve reinforced the toe and heel barriers, and extended the outsole toe overwrap to guard these key wear points
Columbia Women’s Hiking Boot Shoe
Columbia women’s Crash is the best high-quality boots for high arches. Just like the other hiking boots, it also consists of a rubber sole where the rubber is made up of very high quality.
The boot opening of Columbia is 1 inch around. It also comes up with advanced technology: very lightweight waterproof hiking boots. These are the best hiking boots for keeping the female hiking enthusiast in mind.
It is the best women’s hiking boot for high arches made of high-quality materials used in its construction. They are the most durable and long-lasting but still lightweight and stylish.
Pros and Cons
- Available in a variety of colors
- Durable and long-lasting
- Air permeable protection
- Highly breathable
- Some people might find the toe areas slightly narrow.
- OMNI-TECH: Our proprietary technology provides air-permeable protection that's waterproof and breathable, keeping mother nature's elements out, at the same time allowing the inside to breathe, keeping your feet dry and comfortable no matter the conditions
- ANY TERRAIN / ANY WEATHER: A lightweight and durable waterproof shoe designed for multiple activities on the trail
- LEATHER AND MESH UPPER: This nimble lace-up integrates a combination upper, featuring leather, mesh and webbing — for a durable lasting boot you'll appreciate season after season
- ALL-DAY SUPPORT: Incorporates our TechLite lightweight midsole that provides lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return
- ALL TERRAIN READY: Our signature Omni-Grip outsole is an indoor safe, non-marking rubber, that's sure-footed with maximum grip over a variety of terrain
KEEN Women’s Trekking Shoes
You will love your new hiking shoes as they are so comfortable. The toe box of the shoes also gives enough room for ultimate comfort and flexibility. On the other side, they are lightweight hiking boots for high arches providing more stability.
If you normally walk on rough terrains during hiking, these are the perfect shoes. This can be possible with the help of a rubber outsole, which gives a great grip even on unevenly slippery surfaces.
And the great thing is that your feet remain dry during the trip even in rainy conditions because they are fully waterproof hiking boots for hiking. They are also the best women’s hiking boots for high arches, where you will feel very comfortable even during long hiking hours.
Pros and Cons
- Waterproof hiking boots
- PFC-free water repellency
- Equipped with waterproof and breathable membrane
- Keep the feet dry.
- Not fully waterproof.
- KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing vapor out without letting water in
- TRACTION & PROTECTION: 4mm multi directional lugs for increased traction on and off the trails; KEEN.ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole for higher traction grip when you need it
- COMFORT: Breathable mesh lining; Removable dual density footbed with arch support offers long lasting cushioning
- SUPPORT: KEEN’s KonnectFit heel capture system for a locked in feel; Built on a women’s specific foot form for a more narrow and precise fit; Stability shank delivers lightweight support on uneven surfaces
- FIT: Built on a women’s specific foot form for a more narrow and precise fit
Merrell Women’s Hiking Boot
Merrell women’s are the best boots for high arches where the upper of the shoes are made up of synthetic material and leather. They are synthetic and leather shoes made in the USA.
So we can say that they are imported boots with the sole material made up of rubber. We all know that when you have a rubber material sole, it gives you a great grip on surfaces and rough terrains.
We can also call them waterproof boots having the Gore-tex waterproof membrane. These are the best women’s hiking boots with exceptional breathability, which make them stand out in the market among their competitors.
Now you can wear these boots for longer as they come with an advanced removable insole. The heel cushioning system is also present for medium support.
Pros and Cons
- Available in beautiful colors
- Attractive color scheme
- Contoured insole
- Lightweight EVA foam with the sole
- It might be slightly flexible.
- GORE-TEX waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance Synthetic leather and mesh upper Metal hook traditional lace closure Bellows tongue keeps out debris Protective toe cap Breathable mesh lining Kinetic Fit ADVANCED removable contoured insole with reinforced heel cushioning for medium support Molded nylon arch shank Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability Lightweight EVA foam midsole for stability and comfort Vibram TC5+ rubber sole
KEEN Women’s Targhee Comfortable Breathable Hiking Boot
Keen hiking boots for high arches have uppers made with premium waterproof 100% leather. The waterproof construction makes these boots used in rainy conditions while keeping your feet dry.
Not only are they waterproof features, but they are also rustproof with the lace hooks at the top. If you want to get additional comfort in your shoes, then you are at the right place as it provides a padded collar and tongue.
Most surprisingly, it has a fully gusseted tongue, thus providing more comfort and keeping the debris out. It also comes with an Eva midsole, giving you lightweight cushioning. However, on the other side, the outside of the boots is made of rubber, providing excellent traction while walking on slipping surfaces.
Pros and Cons
- Trail-ready performance and style
- Shock absorbing questioning
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Beautiful design
- Arch support could be improved.
- BREATHABLE: Water resistant oiled nubuck leather upper with vented mesh panels for comfort; Breathable mesh lining keeps your feet cool while hikin
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Non marking rubber outsoles leaves no trace or imprints when walking indoors
- SUPPORT: External Support Shank delivers balance on uneven surfaces; Contoured heel provides next level stability
- FIT: Mid profile upper for comfort and secure fit with padded tongue and collar
- COMFORT: Removable metatomical footbed design provides excellent arch support and cradles to the natural contours of the foot
How to select the best hiking boots for women
The following are some features you should keep in mind when buying your new hiking boots now that you know where your walking boots will take you:
Breathability and water resistance
Generally speaking, leather boots are not as breathable as boots with synthetic uppers, despite being fully waterproof. In hot, dry summer conditions, it may be best to avoid leather if you’re planning to hike a lot.
There are many synthetic boots with waterproofing systems like Gore-Tex. These shoes are more breathable, and the shoes we have discussed here are also breathable.
Leather vs. Synthetic
Although leather boots have more weight than synthetic boots, they are more long-lasting, and you will cover more miles with leather soles than synthetic ones.
Is arch support necessary in hiking boots?
It is important to have proper arch support when choosing the right shoe. Your hiking boots should fit your feet perfectly, holding your feet securely without constriction or hot spots.
The boots’ flex, breathability, tread, and weight should also be considered.
Keeping your boots clean will ensure that they last as long as possible. Besides, helping them perform better every time will also extend their lifespan.
The best way to find out if a product feels good is to try it on instead of reading reviews. When fitting hiking boots, look for the following:
While wearing the shoes, your toes should not be pressed. They should be perfectly fit and have enough space in the toe box.
For people with high arches, the midsole plays a very important role and should not be softened with time.
You can tell if the boot is the right length by pushing your toes to the front and squeezing your finger behind your heel.
Your feet will expand more in the afternoon, so plan your shopping trip accordingly. After walking in the mountains for a day, this will be how they will feel.
If you are trying on boots, ensure they are fully laced up. If they do not help you test comfort and fit on a downhill slope, go for another shop. Make sure your hands don’t get rope burned! Pulling laces repeatedly can be quite uncomfortable.
While trying on the boots, wear your walking socks, and don’t be tempted to wear a second pair to make them fit!
Heel lift or rubbing should not be present. If you want to test this, make sure you walk upstairs.
To ensure the boots fit well, walk around your house as much as possible before taking them outside. Feel free to return them if they’re not what you expected.
Weight and durability
You don’t have to add to your burden as you struggle to lift yourself and a heavy backpack. The durability of a light boot may be compromised, however. Choosing durability over weight might be the best choice if you want to avoid replacing your boots every few years.
In general, the greater the aggressiveness of the tread pattern, the better the grip. Having a smaller and closer tread spacing makes it harder for dirt and mud to be pushed out, decreasing grip and traction. You should look for lugs with deep grooves if you want an excellent grip in all weather conditions.
If you have high arches, do you need arch support?
Providing proper support for high arches is the best thing you can do. Insoles with high arches should be used for this purpose. Your body weight will be evenly distributed by your insoles, relieving excessive pressure on the ball and heels of your feet. Walking, running, or jumping will be cushioned when you hit the ground.
Do high arches benefit from walking barefoot?
Going barefoot can increase your chances of developing heel pain or plantar fasciitis if you have high or flat arches. The fatty heel pad can quickly wear down if you run or walk barefoot for long periods on hard surfaces.
A hiker with a high arch may find it challenging to choose hiking boots for their adventure. You will also be more comfortable on the trail if you wear boots. Finding the right boots that fit perfectly requires some research.
Lightweight boots with decent support and waterproofing capabilities are all you need. These picks are divided into three categories based on their weight: lightweight, midweight, and heavyweight. Day hikers and fast packers should wear lightweight boots, while backpackers should wear midweight boots for most backpacking trips and heavyweights for rough terrain.