If you’re going camping somewhere that’s known for its rainy weather, it’s essential to invest in a good Best Waterproof tent that’ll be able to keep the rain out. Getting wet can easily turn your weekend camping trip into a nightmare, especially when your tent fails to keep the rain out and all your things and sleeping bags are soaked. No one wants to sit in a damp environment, let alone sleep in it. So how are you going to find the perfect tent for you?
Every tent on the market has its pros and cons, however, there is one essential feature that you need to have. Waterproofing. To help you navigate through the options, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best waterproof tents in the world.
Best Waterproof Tents
Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room
Made from 75D polyester taffeta, and tested to withstand 35 mph winds, this Coleman Dome Tent is the perfect fit for you and your family. The tent’s WeatherTec system contains patented welded floors and seams that are inverted, to ensure that you and all your things are dry. With 4 large windows, the tent has a well-designed rainfly that’ll help keep the rain out while still allowing room for breathability in the room.
- 6-person capacity.
- 90 sq. ft. floor size
- 5ft 8inch peak height
- Weighs 21 lbs
- Easy and quick set-up
- Spacious interior
- Vented windows and well-designed rainfly
- Can’t handle extreme weather conditions
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection.Roomy interior: 10 x 9 feet with 5 feet 11 inch center height; Fits 2 queen-size air beds 1-year limited warranty. Shelter Center Height : 68 in
- Conventional pitch: Sets up in 15 minutes
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 feet full-floor screen room
- Roomy interior: 10 x 9 feet with 5 feet 8 inch center height; Fits 2 queen-size air beds
- Carry bag: Included for easy storage
Wenzel 8 Person Klondike
If you’re a family looking for a caravan-like experience, the Wenzel 8-Person Klondike is a great option. With an incredibly spacious interior, the tent features a screened porch that is almost as large as the sleeping area. The tent features a sleeping capacity of 8, and also boasts a headspace of 6.5ft, meaning even tall people will be able to move around inside without having to uncomfortably slouch.
- 8-person capacity.
- 90 sq. ft. floor size
- 6.5ft peak height
- Weighs 25 lbs.
- Well-ventilated interior
- A great, inexpensive option
- Spacious interior
- Short rainfly, will not keep your tent dry if incorrectly installed.
- Not suitable for carrying long distances.
- Convertible screen room with inverted "T" style door and inside flap zippered windows
- Removable seam-sealed fly
- Mesh roof vents
- 3 zippered side windows with inside flaps
- Shock-corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and corner elbows combined with pin and ring for easy setup
Coleman WeatherMaster 6 Screened Tent
Spacious enough to fit 2 queen-sized mattresses, the Coleman WeatherMaster 6 is a 2 room tent complete with a screen room. Packed with amazing features, this tent boasts an e-port, a hinged door, and internal storage pockets. This tent too, features the WeatherTec system, with its patented welded floors and seams that are inverted to ensure that you and your family are kept dry no matter what. The weather-resistant zippers and waterproof floors, along with the wind-strong frame provide extra protection in harsh weather conditions.
- 6 person capacity
- 99 sq. ft. of floor space.
- 6.8ft peak height.
- Weighs 32 lbs
- Tall enough to stand up without slouching
- Includes an expandable carry bag
- Spacious interior.
- Not enough storage pockets
- Does not stand on its own.
- Spacious 6-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size airbeds.Hinged door for easy entry and exit. Angled window keeps the rain out when the windows are openEasy setup in about 20 minutes
- Separate floorless screen room offers bug-free lounging
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
- Measures 11 x 9 feet with 6-foot 8-inch center height; Screen room measures 9 x 6 feet
- Rainfly and expandable carry bag included
MSR Hubba Hubba NX
One of the most popular backpacking tents on the market, the MSR Hubba Hubba NX is perfect for families that enjoy both backpacking and car camping. Weighing only 6 pounds and 7 ounces, the tent is impossibly lightweight, provides fantastic protection against harsh weather conditions, and will remain steady when encountering rain and wind. The tent’s interior is smaller than average, and so it is peak height, so it’s best suited only for sleep. If weight is more important to you than interior space, this tent is perfect for you.
- 2 person capacity
- 29 sq. ft. of floor area
- The peak height of 39 inches.
- Weighs 3.5 lbs
- Color-coded system for easy set-up
- Ultra-compression sack
- 2 large vestibules
- Not suitable for every b
- Small interior space
- 3-season, 2-person backpacking tent that offers the most livable accommodations in a lightweight freestanding design. Floor Fabric - 30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Xtreme Shield polyurethane & DWR
- Pole geometry maximizes space with 29 sq. feet of floor area, interior peak height of 39 inches, plus 17.5 sq. feet of vestibule area
- Complete setup weighs 3.5 lbs. and packs down to 18x6 inches; minimalist setup option uses footprint, poles, and rainfly and weighs 3 lbs.
- Xtreme Shield Waterproof Coating lasts up to 3 times longer than standard waterproof coatings; Easton Syclone Poles resist breaking in fierce winds
- Includes tent, one unified hub-and-pole system, rainfly, stakes, and guy lines; footprint sold separately; manufacturer’s 3-year limited warranty
Marmot Tungsten Backpacking Tent 3
If your perfect tent is sleek, sporty, and functional along with being incredibly lightweight, then the Marmot Tungsten 3 is for you. While the tent is marketed as a 3-person tent, it is best suited for 2 people. The 68D polyester taffeta, as well as the poly-urethane coated rainfly, seams, and floor, are perfect to keep you dry should you encounter rain. The tent is also incredibly well-ventilated, so you definitely won’t be feeling suffocated in this tent.
- 3 person capacity
- 41 sq. ft. of floor space
- The peak height of 4ft
- Weighs 5 lbs 13 oz.
- Includes a footprint.
- Mesh canopy to keep out bugs
- Includes roof space for a lamp
- Limited interior space
- Does not include a bathtub floor.
- TUNGSTEN 3P-Blaze Steel
- TUNGSTEN 3P-Blaze Steel
- Tungsten 3P
Buying Guide – Best Waterproof Tents
When picking out the perfect tent for your next camping trip, make sure to keep these key factors in mind.
- Waterproofing: To be fully waterproof, your tent needs to have a rating of 1,000mm to 10,000mm. Don’t forget to look for materials that are waterproof such as polyester taffeta, and tents that include a rainfly.
- Ventilation. Tents, especially fully waterproof ones, sometimes run the risk of being a little bit suffocating. When purchasing a tent, make sure to look for vents or mesh screens over the windows and doors, as these will allow air to flow through the tent, increasing the breathability.
- Tent Capacity. If you’ve ever gone tent shopping, you’ll know well that usually the tent’s capacity is grossly overstated. A good rule of thumb is halving the tent’s stated capacity to find the actual number of people the tent will actually fit. Make sure to also keep in mind how many people are going on the trip and purchase your tent according to that.
If you’re ready to upgrade your camping experience, these are some of the best waterproof tents on the market. If you could choose any tent on this list, which one would it be and why? We hope this article helps you pick out a tent that is suitable for both your excursion and your needs.