Using solar panels to keep appliances running is slowly becoming a must in every household. Not only does it help keep electric bills low, but they are also great for the environment. Unlike before, portable solar generators are way more affordable today and that is why you should start investing in one before demand and price increases.
Solar panels used to have a reputation of being expensive. However, there are hundreds of portable solar generators available in the market that are budget friendly. With a portable power system, handling emergencies especially during calamities where electricity isn’t usually available becomes easier.
- 1. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
- 2. WAWUI Portable Power Station
- 3. EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station RIVER
- 4. Portable Power Station RAVPower
- 5. BALDR Portable Power Station 330W
- 6. FlashFish 300W Solar Generator
- 7. FlashFish 200W Portable Power Station
- 8. Goal Zero Yeti 500X Portable Power Station
- 9. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment iGen200s
- 10. Anker Powerhouse 200
- Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ’s
- More of our best travel gears and equipment reviews here!
1. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
On top of our list is the highest rated product from Jackery Explorer. This compact power generator is the perfect solar powered generator to use for long camping trips. Not only that, but it is also great to use as a backup in case of power outages.
You can use this solar generator to charge four devices at the same time. For single use, it can last up to 1 to 2 days depending on the device being charged. In addition, you can fully recharge this generator by connecting with a portable solar panel, a wall outlet, or even a car outlet, in less than 5.5 hours.
Provides consistent power and does not easily deteriorate over time
Extremely portable by being lightweight
Comes from a trusted brand
Not ideal to be used while charging
Better used with a Jackery solar panel portable
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
- EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor adventures such as Tent Camping, Road Trip, Backyard Camping, etc.
- VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials such as smartphones, laptops, cameras, fans, lights and so on. Pass-through charging is supported.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station can be recharged by the Jackery SolarSaga 60 solar panel or SolarSaga 100 solar panel. Its built-in MPPT controller enables the solar panel to operate at its max power point for the power station to be recharged at its highest efficiency. TWO alternative ways to recharge: through the wall outlet or the car outlet.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station, 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
If you are looking for a bang for your buck, then this item is for you. It provides enough power to last for days and is built with sturdy materials.
2. WAWUI Portable Power Station
This portable power station by WAWUI definitely debunks the idea that portable solar generators are expensive. It made its way to our top 10 list not only because it is affordable, but it exceeds expectations despite its price.
It has three DC outputs and one USB output to charge your phones and other electronic devices. Aside from car and wall outlets, you can recharge it through the blue crystal solar panel already equipped with the device.
Extremely portable and easy to carry
No digital display to indicate battery power in percentages
- ✅【Perfect Solar Power Station for Home & Camping】WAWUI portable solar power generator with solar panel, 13000mAh/42Wh high capacity battery, over 12 years lifespan, cycle more than 3000 times, perfect emergency power backup for home, travel, camping. Rechargeable solar generator system, storage solar generator power to battery with solar panel and supply power to LED light and mobile phone.
- ✅【Meet Continuous Lighting Needs】The portable power station with solar panel, built-in lights of 2 levels and 3 extra bright white LED bulbs, great ideal to bring you lightness with low power consumption, more durable to use, constant current IC driver, good stability, brightness always maintained above 100LM.
- ✅【Multiple Charging Ways】The quiet solar power generator with 5V/5W high-quality solar panel, charging 1 day, lighting up to 32 hours. USB charging: suits for wall plug, battery, car, etc.（TIPS: When charging, please turn on the blue switch). Portable mini solar power station, widely applicable to camping, hiking, expedition, hunting and home as emergency power supply.
- ✅【Easy to Carry】 The mini solar power station with solar panel, battery and light bulbs, easy to carry. Compact design, easy installation. Anti-dust design, DC& USB output, safe and reliable.
- ✅【Reliable Solar Electric Generator】 The camping&home mini solar power generator is reliable, the life span is more than 12 years. Great gifts for your family and friends.JUST BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!
We highly recommend getting this product from WAWUI if you don’t want to spend much. It does the job well and is light to the pocket, literally and figuratively.
3. EF ECOFLOW Portable Power Station RIVER
If you have enough room for your budget, might as well purchase EF ECOFLOW’s Portable Power Station. This product is pricier than the rest, however, it is built to last for a decade. This is the perfect choice if you are in areas prone to calamities or if you like to go on outdoor adventures most of the time.
It has the most modern LCD display out of the other products and has a sleek black color that fits well on outdoor parties. Capable of charging ten devices at the same time.
Equipped with extra batteries
Larger in size compared to others
- ⚡[3 x AC OUTLETS AND 720Wh CAPACITY]: The RIVER Pro as a generator can power up to 10 devices simultaneously with multiple outlet options, including 3 pure sine wave AC outlets. Note that the total rated wattage of the AC outlets should be under 600W (surge 1200W). It offers up to 720Wh power and it weighs just 15.9lbs, which makes it a portable power station for adventure on the go.
- ⚡[RECHARGE FROM 0-80% WITHIN 1 HOUR]: The patented EcoFlow X-Stream technology enables you to charge the RIVER Pro from 0%-80% within one hour and offers a full charge in just 1.6 hours.
- ⚡[POWER A WIDE RANGE OF APPLIANCES]: With a built-in 600W inverter, the RIVER Pro can power some devices up to 1800W with the X-Boost mode on, which lets you power about 80% of essential devices like kitchen appliances and DIY tools. Please conduct full test on a case-by-case basis to see if the X-Boost feature can work with your appliances. Use devices below 1200W for the best product use.
- ⚡[DOUBLE CAPACITY FROM 720Wh to 1440Wh]: Add a RIVER Pro Extra Battery to double the capacity from 720Wh to 1440Wh. This is ideal for situations like traveling, camping, or group outdoor activities where you need more power for more devices. RIVER Pro Extra Battery is sold separately.
- ⚡[24-MONTH PRODUCT GUARANTEE]: The RIVER Pro portable power station comes with a 24-month product guarantee, and EcoFlow offers a 24x7 specialist customer service. In the box: 1x RIVER Pro, 1x AC Charging Cable, 1x Car Charging Cable, 1x Solar Charging Cable, 1x DC5521-DC5525 Cable, 1x RIVER Pro User Manual, 1x RIVER Pro GUARANTEE Card.
If the price fits within your budget, then don’t skimp yourself, and buy this trusted solar generator.
4. Portable Power Station RAVPower
It comes in a sleek black elongated cube which is a spacesaver design. Great for use in emergencies and can even power up a laptop within 3 hours. You can recharge it using solar panels or your car charger.
Unique design makes it easy to carry
Has built in cooling fan to avoid overheating
No LCD Display
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage.Maximize fuel economy by engaging the eco-mode switch. This allows the generator's engine to automatically adjust its fuel consumption as items are plugged into and unplugged from the panel, preventing the unnecessary usage of gasoline.
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2000 surge watts and 1700 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Designed to mirror a pure sine wave, this generator limits total harmonic distortion to under 0.3 percent at no load and under 1.2 percent at full load, making it safe to run laptops, cellphones, monitors, tablets and other sensitive electronics.
This solar generator is the perfect choice for those who want a foolproof device.
5. BALDR Portable Power Station 330W
BALDR is a well-known company when it comes to providing power source for devices and appliances. Although it is a bit expensive, it is worth the money because it uses a lithium battery and has three USB ports.
Can be fully charged using solar panels in 7 hours.
Solar panel sold separately
- ⚡ POWER 9 DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY: Baldr’s 330W, 288Wh Lithium Ion Battery has 1x AC Outlet, 2x DC Outlets, 1x 12V Car Outlet (Cigarette Lighter), 3x USB 3.0 Quick-Charge Plugs, 1x USB Type-C Port, and 1x Wireless Charging Pad. This unit can power your drones, phones, laptops, tablets, cameras, lighting, and so much more!
- ⚡ ECO-FRIENDLY CHARGING: You can easily charge your Portable Power Station via standard wall outlet (110-240V), 12V car outlet, or a separate power generator. No access to an outlet? Baldr has you covered! Recharge your unit ANYWHERE with our ultra-efficient, 120W solar panel (sold separately)! This device also includes a built-in MPPT Controller to maximize energy extraction and optimize charging rates.
- ⚡ THE PERFECT CPAP GENERATOR: The Baldr Pioneer Portable Power Station includes a 12V Regulated Output (DC to DC), which provides constant voltage throughout the night to ensure you sleep peacefully! Our generator also supports use while charging, making it the perfect companion to your CPAP System.
- ⚡ COMPREHENSIVE BATTERY PROTECTION: Baldr’s Battery Management System protects your Power Station from overcharging, inconsistent voltage, current overload, short circuits and overheating. This unit also features a low battery alarm, fireproof shell, and shock-proof socket design to keep you and your family well protected!
- ⚡ WHAT’S INCLUDED: 1x Baldr Pioneer 330W Portable Power Station, 1x 8mm DC to 18V Y Connector Cable, 1x 110V AC Wall Plug Power Adapter, 1x 12V Car Charger Cable, 1x User Manual. We provide excellent 24-hour customer service, a 1 year warranty, as well as a 30-day money back guarantee on all purchases!
This product is the next best thing to a Jackery Explorer. It is a great device to have if you want to utilize a solar power source.
6. FlashFish 300W Solar Generator
FlashFish is a popular name for outdoor equipment. This solar generator is one of their best because of how simple and handy it is.
Has surge wattage of 250 wattage which makes powering up laptops feasible
Only has an LCD display for the battery meter. No indicator for watts, volts, and other electricity measurement.
- 222Wh Back-up Power Supply: Wide applications make it suitable for lots of devices; 110V AC outlets can charge your CPAP machine, tablet, laptop, TV, fan, Christmas lights etc; 2 * 12V DC Ports can be used for car vacuum, car refrigerator, car air fan and car charger etc; 2* QC3.0 USB and 1 * 2.4A USB ports can charge your phones, drones, iPad, GPS, mp3, camera, etc.
- Cool Features: The silver case is metal and the black ends are plastic, more durable than other soalr generators.With 300W continuous power, 350W peak power, 60000mAh battery capacity and pure sine wave, this power generator can charge your devices more stably;5.6lb light weight makes it perfectly fit in your backpack. Key Product Features.
- Recharge Solar Generator: The battery pack can be recharged from the sun with a solar panel (NOT INCLUDED); can be fully charged by being plugged into the wall outlet; and it can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V socket (car charger included).KINDLY NOTE THAT THE POWER STATION CAN NOT BE CHARGE AND USE AT THE SAME TIME.
- Safety Warranty: Built-in multi safety protections like short-circuit protection, low-voltage protection, overheat protection, lock-on protection, over-voltage protection and over-current protection. THE LABEL INDICATED ON THE ITEM SHOWS 20Ah (20000mAh), PLEASE KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT THE TOTAL CAPACITY. THE 300W SOLAR GENERATOR BUILDS INTO 3 LITHIUM BATTERIES, EACH ONE IS 20000mAh, SO THE TOTAL CAPACITY OF FLASHFISH G300 IS 60000mAh.
- Enjoy Outdoor Activities: Our generator has an easy-to-carry handle, convenient for camping, fishing, travelling, other outdoor activities and emergency usage. Eliminate your worry about no electricity in your devices and power outage at home.
This is a simple solar generator. If you don’t need any additional fancy stuff, this would be the better option.
7. FlashFish 200W Portable Power Station
FlashFish 200W Portable Power StationAnother powerful FlashFish solar generator with multiple outputs to charge gadgets simultaneously.
Zero to minimal usage with a CPAP machine overnight.
Not compatible with devices and appliances using over 200 watts
- Multiple Charging Outputs Provide More Options: Features with AC/ DC/ USB OUTPUTS: 110 AC output (200W), 2 DC output, 2 QC 3.0 quick charge USB port and 1 USB ports (2.4A auto). Power your smartphone, tablet, laptop, camera, light, drones, fans, in-car appliances, CPAP machine and more at anytime.KINDLY NOTE THAT THE POWER STATION CAN NOT BE CHARGE AND USE AT THE SAME TIME.
- High Performance And Handy Power Source: 151Wh (40800mAh) compact station is powerful enough to meet different kinds of electricity demands outdoor usage for home, travel, camping, backseat on long road trips.With a weight of 4.07lb and soft handle, we can easily put it in our backpack or car, take to everywhere need power.
- Other Unique Design: 1)The standalone AC/DC provides easy operation when charging different devices;2)Mutifuction LCD display would show you the remaining energies/charge/discharge/AC output/DC output status.Ultra bright LCD screen let you know the statue of battery pack even no light source camping.
- Triple Rechargeable Modes Efficient Solar Generator: FlashFish power station is equipped with a lithium battery pack, it can be charged by the 15-24 volt solar panel (not included), AC wall adapter and car charger efficiently. No memory effect, no worry about battery capacity reduction
- MultiProtect And Warranty: The generation provides all-round protection to protect you against overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature, ensuring the safety of you and your devices.❤Flashfish provides our dear customers with warranty of 12 months from the date of purchase and friendly customer service.
This solar generator is the affordable counterpart of a Goal Zero Yeti solar generator. So, if you are looking for more or less the same power, this is the product for you.
8. Goal Zero Yeti 500X Portable Power Station
This list would not be complete without a solar generator from Goal Zero. Their Yeti line is one of the most formidable candidates. HOwever, it costs a lot. So, out of the others, the Yeti 500x is the most practical choice with its 500 watt hour that can recharge laptops up to 10 times.
Built for heavy usage
Dependable power source for gadgets that need high wattage.
Yeti Solar Powered Generators are built to last for decades
Costs a lot more money
Difficult to get
- POWER YOUR PASSION: This power station’s 505 Watt-Hours pack a punch. Complete your overlanding rig or prep for extended camping trips. This station will power everything from portable fridges to phones.
- MAKE MEMORIES: Live in the moment with long-lasting power. Stay connected, charge your fridge, and keep your tablet charged with Goal Zero. The Yeti 500X electric generator and 505-watt-hour (10.8 V, 46.8 Ah) battery capacity will keep your small devices running.
- EASY TO USE: Power a wide range of devices. Yeti 500X is equipped with four different port options—including AC, 12V, and 60W USB-C PD—to power everything from phones to portable fridges.
- THREE WAYS TO CHARGE: Plug this Yeti into a 180-watt wall outlet to charge in three hours, 60-watt outlet in 10 hours, or 120-watt outlet in 4.5 hours. Recharge from your car with the 12-volt adapter in 4.5 hours, or add a Goal Zero solar panel (sold separately) for faster charging.
- THIS IS GOAL ZERO: We promote a bright, safe, connected, and sustainable future by delivering portable power solutions designed for everyone, everywhere. We offset 100% of carbon emissions from our shipping, and we use 100% renewable energy at our corporate headquarters and warehouse.
Looking for a generator that utilizes solar energy and can provide your electrical needs for your outdoor trips? Goal Zero Yeti is definitely a practical choice.
9. Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment iGen200s
Like Goal Zero Yeti and Jackery, Westinghouse is a powerhouse for choosing electrical storage. This blue laden solar generator is as easy as it gets. It has two AV outlets, three USB ports, and a DC output.
No fuss portable solar generator
With battery backup
Solar panels are not included
- VERSATILE OUTLETS CHARGE UP TO 6 DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME: Pushing 150 Rated and 300 Peak Watts Through (2) 120V Household Outlets, (1) USB Port, (1) Quick Charge USB Port, (1) USB-C Port, (1) 6mm 9-12V DC Outlet, (1) 12V Cigerette Lighter Outlet - Strong Enough To Easily Power 50″ LED TV, Humidifer, or Refrigerator
- HOURS and HOURS OF POWER ON A SINGLE CHARGE: 194 Watt-Hours of Li-Ion Battery Capacity - Provides Long-Lasting Power That Charges Smartphones Up to 21 Times, DSLR Cameras Up to 20 Times, Bluetooth Speakers Up to 13 Times – Delivers Hours of Power to a Nintendo Switch, Drones, and Food Warmers/Heated Lunchboxes
- LIGHTER THAN BLUETOOTH SPEAKER: At 4.03 lb Lighter than JBL Xtreme Wireless Speaker, Smaller Than a Lunchbox - Backpack Ready Mini Generator With a Convenient Carrying Handle and Built-in Tri-Mode Flashlight - Perfect Compact Charging Station for Camping and Other Outdoor Activities
- CHARGES AT HOME, ON THE GO, OR IN THE FIELD: Charge to 80 percent in Less Than 4 Hours Using a Household Outlet or Less Than 5 Hours in the Car or With a Solar Panel (Panel Not Included)
- ECO-FRIENDLY, POWER GENERATOR: Reduce Your Carbon Footprint for More Sustainable Lifestyle - No Obnoxious Fumes, No Messy Maintenance, No Noise Pollution - Whisper Quiet Indoor and Outdoor Generator
If you are a student looking for something that’s small and easy to use for a camping night out or a simple backyard party at home, this one’s for you.
10. Anker Powerhouse 200
Last but definitely not the least is the solar generator from Anker. Anker is like the Jackery power station and Goal Zero Yeti counterpart of power banks. However, they also have their own products for heavy-duty use and this is the Powerhouse 200.
Compact, quiet, and has a sleek design
Great for phones, tablets, and speakers
Not compatible with heavy-duty laptops
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Universal Compatibility: Pump out the power for mobile devices, emergency equipment, computers, and small appliances.
- Hours of Power: Charge a MacBook Pro over 5 times, a phone over 12, or even run small appliances like mini-fridges for over 4 hours.
- Recharge Your Way: Replenish PowerHouse's cell capacity via a USB-C Power Delivery car or wall charger, or an AC power adapter. Compatible with 5-22V DC output solar chargers (not included).
- What You Get: PowerHouse 200, AC adapter, power cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
This device is great for getting solar power to charge small devices. True to its brand, it is best used to keep your phones running.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ’s
Can a solar generator power a house?
Not yet. Overtime, sustainable energy has become a feasible means of having a home powered. However, technology is still evolving.
For now, a solar power generator is a great backup, aside from using a battery, in case of different emergencies to keep small appliances running. In the near future, having a solar generator system for the home may become a possibility.
Are portable solar generators worth the money?
Yes. Having portable solar generators may help your home in times of needs. When electricity is out, especially during calamities, having one or two will help you be updated.
In addition, most features of a solar generator include not only those that are helpful during emergencies, but also in outdoor trips.
Is there a generator that runs on solar power?
Brands like Jackery and Goal Zero are usually the most famous names in terms of solar power. Most generators today are already equipped with a battery, and an extra lithium battery, that can store energy from solar power. In short, there are generators that run on solar power but most can store solar energy.
If you are already familiar with outdoor equipment, you might think that Goal Zero Yeti portable solar generators and Jackery are the only names worth noting. However, this list includes other products that have more or less the same quality. The products mentioned are already proven and tested to be durable and are just as functional.
We hope we have made your choice easier. We seek to see our readers enjoy their outdoor adventure with equipment that is worth their money. Have fun!
More of our best travel gears and equipment reviews here!
- Top 10 Best Camping Coolers Reviews and Guide 2021
- 10 Best Solar Powered Gadgets for Camping in 2021
- Best Portable Solar Chargers: 10 Product Reviews
- TOP 10 Best Travel Accessories And Gears 2021 Buying Guide
- 10 Best Hydration Bladder to Buy in 2020
- 10 Best Compact Binoculars
- Top 10 Best Touring Bicycles Review And Buyer Guide 2020
- Best Hiking Boots For Women