Binoculars are handy to use for looking at objects far away from you. However, they can be quite cumbersome to get out and use at a moment’s notice. They are also fairly heavy if you want to use them for long periods of time. If you’re out watching a sports match, or out birdwatching, you will want the best monocular that can be used quickly and conveniently to catch the essential moments.
A monocular will be perfect for your needs. This telescope is more compact than binoculars, so is much easier to transport. They are also much lighter, so can be used easily within a couple of moments to see those birds that you’re after. But with so many different models available, it can be hard to know which is the best monocular for your needs.
That’s where we come in! We’ve done all the research for you so that you don’t have to. We looked at hundreds of different products and narrowed them down to the best of the best. So you can rest assured that the monoculars we’ve covered in more detail below will be ideal for your needs.
- Gosky 12×55 High Definition Monocular Telescope
- Archeer 16×52 Monocular Dual Focus Optics Zoom Telescope
- Pankoo 10×60 High Power Monocular Telescope
- Gosky Titan 12×50 High Power Prism Monocular Telescope
- Vortex 8×25 Optics Solo Monocular Telescope
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently asked questions
- Other Top Travel Gears Reviews
If you’re looking for a quality monocular that will get the job done, then you will need to opt for the Gosky 12×55 high definition monocular telescope. This particular monocular comes with a range of great features that easily makes it our top pick. It comes with a powerful magnification so that you can use it for a variety of purposes. You’ll be able to see objects up to 12 times closer using the 55mm lens. This makes it ideal for birdwatching, climbing, hiking, hunting, and many more activities.
You’ll be able to see crystal clear images with this monocular in your possession. It comes with the power to see brighter, clearer images. Perfect if you’re wanting to see precise images of birds for example. This will make it a must-have monocular for a variety of outdoor adventures.
A great feature of this monocular is that it works to relieve any strain from your face. It features a twist-up eyecup to make the monocular more comfortable to use for longer periods of time. This will be ideal if you’re used to monoculars that often become painful when used for several hours at a time.
You won’t have to worry about this monocular breaking easily or being impaired by your environment. It features argon purging to ensure that it is fog proof, dustproof, waterproof, and shockproof. So you can rest assured that this monocular will last you for many years to come. This particular monocular also features a rubber armored body to improve the durability of the model.
- High quality – a durable monocular that will last you for many years to come
- Powerful magnification – see up to 12 times more using the 55mm lens
- Precise details – allows you to see brighter, clearer images
- Expensive – one of the pricier models on our list
- 12x55 high power magnification - have the best view in your outdoor adventures. To see 12x closer with a clear and bright image with the generous, light-gathering 55mm objective wide lens. Perfect for hiking, hunting, climbing, bird watching, ball games, concerts, watching wildlife and scenery.
- High powered monocular promises brighter, crystal clear views during all your outdoor adventures
- Ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and wilderness explorers, a handheld and must-have for bird watching, wildlife, hunting, hiking, mountaineering, camping, surveillance and traveling.
- The long eye-relief with the twist-up eye cup makes this high-end monocular set stand out among competition!
- Argon purging provides waterproof, fog proof, dustproof and shockproof protection in any weather, and any environment. Rubber armored body strengthen its durability.
Looking for a more affordable model? Then the Archeer 16×52 monocular dual focus optics zoom telescope is the best fit for your needs. This particular monocular is available at a more budget-friendly price. You will also still get a range of great features to blow some of the more expensive monoculars out of the water.
This particular monocular features a compact design to make it even easier to bring with you on your travels. It can easily fit into your pocket, which makes it ideal for hiking or birdwatching. The monocular measures 190mm in length, so you won’t have to worry about it taking up lots of room in your kit bag. You will also get a bag included to store the monocular in which works to protect it when it’s not in use.
What’s really great about the Archeer monocular is that it gives you powerful magnification. You’ll be able to see clearer, brighter images up to 16 times closer through the 52mm lens. This particular monocular features a 52mm objective lens and an 18.5mm eye lens. This larger objective lens allows in more light, which then lets you see brighter, clearer images.
Another great feature of this particular monocular is that it has been designed to last you for many years to come. It has been specially designed to be fog proof as well as waterproof. So you can easily use the monocular in all types of weather conditions without it impairing your view.
- Budget friendly – more affordable than competitive models on our list
- Compact design – makes the monocular more portable than competitive models
- Powerful magnification – see objects up to 16 times closer
- Instructions – some customers felt the instructions could have been clearer
- 【Incredible Clear Vision 】Super Clear, The fully coated optics, meanwhile, ensure superior light transmission and brightness, helping you see just about any target, whether you're searching for birds or trying to get a better view of the stage.
- 【High Contrast and Resolution Images 】 See things 16X closer and Get Clearer and Brighter with 52MM Objective lens and 18.5mm eye lens.The larger the objective lens, the more light that enters the binocular, and the brighter the image.Prism material，BAK4, clear image without black bars,it makes Super Clear and Sharp Images.
- 【Waterproof & Fog Proof Design 】the mirror is full of the high-purity nitrogen, waterproof and antifogging. You can use it in raining day and humid environment, and have no need to worry about this item.
- 【Compact Size with Wide View】The high power monocular is only 190mm high, super compact and enough to put into the pocket, convenient to carry for everywhere. Wide field of view 66M/ 8000M, it will show you a clearer and farther view, good for bird watching, hunting, hiking, or sightseeing etc.
- 【What you get 】1x 16x52 Monocular, 1 x Bag, Seller's 40 days refund, 18 month hassle-free with considerate customer service
The Pankoo 10×60 high power monocular telescope is another great choice if you’re looking for a powerful monocular. This particular monocular comes with an impressive magnification of 10 times through the 60mm lens. This will be more than enough to help you see objects up close. It will be the perfect addition for hiking trips, climbing, bird watching, and many more.
You’ll be able to see high resolution and high contrast images with this monocular in your possession. It has been designed using a BAK4 prism combined with a multi coated lens to allow you to see better and clearer images. The general rule of thumb is that the larger the lens, the more light that enters it, and the brighter the images will be. So with a 60mm lens, you’ll be able to see clearer images.
An interesting feature of this particular monocular is that you can use it with your smartphone to capture images. It even comes with a helpful smartphone holder as well as a two section aluminum tripod so that you can hold your phone in place to get those detailed images that you’re after. You’ll be able to use the monocular to capture beautiful HD images to show your family and friends.
What’s really great about this monocular is that you can use it in virtually any weather condition. It has been designed to be fog proof and waterproof so that you can use it in high humidity as well as on rainy days. The monocular also features a compact design to make it easier to bring with you on your travels.
- Powerful magnification – allows you to see up to 10 times closer through a 60mm lens
- Smartphone friendly – comes with a smartphone holder and tripod to capture detailed images
- Weatherproof – can be used on rainy days as well as in humid environments
- Phone camera – some customers found it tricky to adjust for cameras on your phone
- 【HD MAGNIFICATION】10X magnification and 60mm object lens diameter monocular, provides a clearly, bright image and different fields of view, Perfect for Hiking, Hunting, Climbing, Bird watching, Ball games, Concerts, traveling, Watching Scenery.
- 【HIGH CONTRAST AND RESOLUTION IMAGES】The Monocular telescope equipped with the B A K 4 prism and fully muti-coated lens, The larger the objective lens, the more light that enters to the monocular, and the brighter the image. Clear image without black bars,it makes Super Clear and Sharp Images.
- 【WATERPROOF & FOG PROOF】Compact and sturdy body make it withstand the heavy weather, the mirror is full of the high-purity nitrogen, waterproof and antifogging. You can use it in raining day and humid environment, and no need to worry about this item.
- 【Monocular Widely Compatible With Smartphone】Comes with quick alignment smartphone holder,two-section aluminum tripods, Compatible with smartphone, Easy to install, remote control monocular, provide HD images to share with your friends.
- 【100% satisfaction hours customer service】if you are not 100% satisfied with our product, no-questions asked, we offer a 30-day money back . take action, buy now! ! !
The Gosky Titan 12×50 high power prism monocular telescope is a fantastic alternative to the more expensive top pick. This particular telescope comes in at a more mid range price, but with a range of great features. The monocular gives you 12 times magnification through a 50mm objective wide lens. This makes it perfect for use with bird watching, hiking, climbing, hunting, and many more activities.
This particular Gosky monocular can be used with your smartphone to capture quality images. It even comes with a quick alignment smartphone holder to make the process even easier for you. It is compatible with the vast majority of smartphones available on the market.
You won’t have to worry about this monocular letting you down in various weather conditions. It has been designed to be dustproof, waterproof, and shockproof so that you get the clear images that you’re after. So you can use it in all weather conditions. The Gosky monocular has been designed to withstand even the toughest of weather conditions, and features a solid framework with shock absorbing rubber armor with stripes.
What’s really great about this monocular is that it works to give you the brighter, clearer images that you’re after. It features a large BAK4 prism as well as a fully multi coated lens coating. This gives you superior light transmission for brighter images, and gives you the clear pictures that you’re after.
- Powerful magnification – allows you to see objects up to 12 times closer through a 50mm objective wide lens
- Smartphone compatible – suitable for use with the majority of smartphones
- All weathers – designed to be used in all weather conditions
- Tripod – using a tripod is recommended if you wanted to take stable photos
- 12X50 High Power Magnification - Have the best view in your outdoor adventures. To see 12X closer with a clear and bright image with the generous, light-gathering 50mm objective wide lens. Perfect for Hiking,Hunting,Climbing,Birdwatching, Ball games,Watching Wildlife and Scenery.
- Comes with a Gosky 2021 newest quick alignment smartphone holder. Compatible with Smartphone 12Pro Max, 12 Pro, 12, 12mini, 11Pro Max, 11 Pro,11, SE, Xs,Xr, X, 8 plus, 8, 7plus,7, 6plus, 6,5s,5, 4s, Samsung M30, S20, S20+,S20FE, S10, S10+, S10E, S8, S7, S6, S5, S4, Note20, Note20 Ultra, Note, A51,A71,A70, LG, HTV, Sony, and much more., Samsung GALAXY S6, S6 Edge, S5 , Note, LG, HTV, Sony almost all other smartphones on the market.
- Large BAK-4 Prism inside and Fully Multi-coated Lens Coating - Strengthen the key function of a monocular, guarantee superior light transmission and brightness, make your view brighter, clearer and delivers crisp images.
- Solid Framework and shock-absorbing Rubber Armor with Stripes -Its tight fitting protection makes it usable to withstand the toughest weather conditions. And The rubber armor with stripes makes it comfortable for use and keeps it from slipping out from your hand.
- Waterproof, Dust-proof, and Shockproof Design: Nitrogen-filled waterproof and O-ring sealed optics prevent moisture, dust and debris and ensures the living waterproof function.
The Vortex 8×25 optics solo monocular telescope is the perfect product if you’re new to monoculars. This particular monocular features a lower magnification of 8 times through a 25mm lens, however, this will be more than enough for newbies to get to grips with the technology.
This magnification will be perfect for bird watching or spectating at sports games. The great thing about this particular brand is that they also offer monoculars in different magnifications, too. You can choose between 10×25, 10×36, or 8×36.
This particular monocular is lightweight and compact, making it the perfect choice for taking with you on your adventures. It is also fully rubber armored to give you the non slip grip that you’re after. This particular feature makes the monocular easier to use in wet weather. It is also highly durable, so you won’t have to worry about it breaking.
You’ll be able to use this particular monocular in all types of weather conditions. It has been nitrogen purged and also features sealed o-rings. This means the monocular is waterproof as well as fogproof to give you the superior performance that you’re after. Great if you want to use it in all types of weather conditions!
Another great feature of this particular monocular is the adjustable eyecup. This allows you to make the monocular more comfortable to use, even with or without glasses. So you’ll be able to use it for longer periods of time without worrying about the monocular becoming uncomfortable.
- Multiple magnifications – choose between 8×25, 8×38, 10×25, 10×36
- Compact – lightweight and portable for taking on adventures
- All weathers – monocular is fogproof and waterproof and can be used in all weathers
- Manual – some customers felt this could have been more instructive
- 8x magnification and 25mm objectives lens, the Solo Monocular is a small, lightweight optic with fully multi-coated lenses, increasing the light transmission and resolution giving you the clear, crisp images you want.
- The monocular is fully rubber armored providing a non-slip grip to the user and making it extremely durable.
- Nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed, the Solo delivers waterproof and fogproof performance in any environment.
- The adjustable eyecup allows for comfortable viewing with or without glasses.
Searching for the best monocular for your needs can be a real challenge. There are so many different factors to consider, especially if you haven’t bought a monocular before. If you’re not used to monoculars, you may be tempted to opt for the first product that you find in your search. However, there’s no guarantee that this will be perfect for your needs.
There are a few things that you will need to consider before you buy the best monocular. The good news is that we’ve put all of the essential criteria that you will need to consider below in this helpful buyer’s guide. So you’ll have everything you need to know about monoculars before you make your purchase.
Take a look at everything you need to know about monoculars below or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions.
The most important factor you will need to consider is the type of magnification you will want. Remember that the higher the magnification, the jumpier the image will appear at the slightest movement.
If you’re new to monoculars, you will be better off opting for a slightly lower magnification until you get used to it. Any of the products we’ve highlighted above will be ideal for beginners and experts alike.
You will want to choose a monocular that features a more compact design. This will be easier to place in your pocket or in your kit bag so that you can get it out at a moment’s notice.
A more compact design won’t take up too much space in your pocket, either. It will be worth seeing whether your monocular comes with a bag or case to protect it when it’s not in use.
Another essential factor will be to look for a monocular that is durable and has been designed to be fully weatherproof. This will mean looking for a monocular that is waterproof so that it can still work if you get caught in the rain.
You should also look for a monocular that has been nitrogen purged, as this will then be fogproof. It will be wise to opt for a monocular that is also dustproof and shockproof to ensure that nothing gets in the way of your viewing experience.
If you want to use your new monocular for taking high quality pictures, then you should look for a product that is compatible with your smartphone. This will allow you to place the camera of your smartphone against the monocular, so you can capture beautiful images. Perfect if you want to use your monocular for bird watching!
It will also be worth investigating to see if the monocular comes with a tripod you can use, or if this is something you will have to buy separately. A tripod can be used to take stable photos, so the images won’t be blurry from your shaky hands.
The factor that will most likely influence which product you choose will be your budget. While a monocular is undoubtedly more affordable than a set of binoculars, there are also different price points depending on the features you want from your monocular.
It will be worth considering what features you think will be essential and what you can reasonably afford. This will give you a better idea of which monocular you will require to suit your needs.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best magnification for a monocular?
The best magnification for a monocular will depend on what you need to use it for. It is worth remembering that the more magnification you have, the smaller your field of vision. Each slight movement will also drastically cause the image to jump.
So if you’re used to binoculars or monoculars, you’ll be able to handle a higher magnification. If you’re new to monoculars, then you will be better off opting for a smaller magnification of 5x or 8x.
How do I choose the best monocular?
There are several factors that you will need to consider when it comes to choosing a monocular. These include its magnification, how weatherproof it is, how compact the design is, whether it can be used with your smartphone, if it comes with any additional accessories, and what your budget is.
Which is better: binoculars or monoculars?
Determining which telescope is better will entirely depend on your needs. There are benefits and drawbacks to both. Monoculars are lighter than binoculars, so are easier to bring with you on your adventures. Because of their smaller size, they are also more convenient for you to use at a moment’s notice.
The majority of monoculars are also more efficient for thermal or night vision uses. However, binoculars are better for you in the long run as they won’t cause as much eye fatigue.