Are you looking for ways to spice things up in the kitchen? Sometimes, trying new recipes isn’t enough. You must incorporate different cooking methods to surprise your palate, like cooking on an electric grill.
However, choosing the right electric grill for you isn’t easy–especially if you’ve never grilled before. It doesn’t help either that every brand claims to have the best electric grill on the market. So, we’ve narrowed down the choices for you.
Read on to find out the best electric grills you should consider.
- 1. George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 2. Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
- 3. Philips Kitchen Appliances HD6371/94 smokeless indoor grill
- 4. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- 5. Char-Broil 20602107 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill, Black
- 6. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill, Black
- 7. Techwood 15-Serving Electric GrillIndoor/Outdoor, Blue
- 8. George Foreman 12-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Red
- 9. Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill
- 10. Elite gourmet indoor grill
- Things to Consider When Choosing your Electric Grill
- Frequently Asked Questions-FAQs
- Other Travel Gears and Accessories We Reviewed
1. George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
The George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, 15-Serving takes the top spot again in our list of best electric grills this year. It’s versatile, which makes it an ideal grill whether you’re hosting an intimate gathering or a large barbecue party. You may also choose to take it outdoors or indoors because of its fully electric system and removable stand. It has features like a patented fat-removing slope, nonstick coating, and adjustable temperature control.
Say hello to healthy grilled food, because the surface is built with a George Tough Nonstick Grill. This means you can finally grill without the need for butter or oil. It also makes the product easier to clean.
Easy to Assemble
You can choose to grill anywhere, because it has a removable grill stand and it doesn’t require the use of gas or propane. Take it outdoors, plug it in, and you’re good to go. If you prefer indoor grilling, simply remove the stand, place it on a countertop, and then plug it in.
Adjustable Temperature Control
Grilling is made easier with its adjustable temperature control. This means there is less chance of serving inconsistently cooked or burnt platter. Just choose among the five available heat settings, and you’re platters are ready for grilling,
This George Foreman electric grill also comes with a patented fat-removing slope. This is great especially for fatty meat platters, so you can produce healthier and tastier food.
- Can cook big-batch servings
- Heats up quickly
- Fat-removing slope
- Nonstick coating
- Easy to clean
- Removable grill stand
- Adjustable temperature control
- Due to its size, huge countertop space is needed for countertop grilling
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating It’s durable easy to clean and removes the need for butter and oil
- Removable Stand - Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling The easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get great results on any kind of food
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do The fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal no propane and no flare-ups
- Fat-Removing Slope - It’s the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* for tasty meals.
Overall, the George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, 15-Serving is great both for indoor and outdoor grilling. It allows you to grill over 15 platters all at the same time, so you can serve even large groups of people. It’s also sturdy and easy to use, which makes grilling a fun activity even for first-timers.
2. Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
If you’re looking for the best outdoor grill, then look no further. You’re in for a surprise with Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill! Besides its sleek design, its features such as infinite heat control knob settings will make outdoor grilling a fun experience for everyone.
Removable Catch Pan
You don’t have to worry about where the juices and meat fat will go while you grill. Its removable catch pan will be ready to catch them for easy clean-up.
Heat Control Knob
It has infinite heat control knob settings, so you can grill any type of platter perfectly from vegetables all the way to steak.
This Weber electric grill has porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates so heat is distributed evenly and easily retained. Plus, it creates a nonstick surface.
Cast Aluminum Exteriors
Its body and lid are made of cast aluminum. This makes it easy to clean, durable, scratch-proof, and resistant to rust or corrosion.
- Easy to use
- Cooks evenly
- Doesn’t need charcoal, gas, or propane to function
- Infinite heat control knob settings
- Wide surface
- For outdoor use only
- No grill thermometer
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 280 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- .Dimensions (Inches) Lid Open : ( H x W x D) - 26 x 31.5 x 25.1(Inches); :Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 14.5 H x 31.5 W x 19.5 D
- Fully assembled out of box, Infinite control burner valve settings. Fuel type-Electric. Power-1,560 W/120 V
- 6-foot grounded cord. The appliance should be supplied through a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA
Although this Weber electric grill is recommended for outdoor use only, it’s still among the best electric grills on the market. Its durable design and features allow you to produce scrumptious food as if you were cooking on a traditional charcoal grill. It’s the best outdoor grill for the money if you prefer to cook in an open-air setting.
3. Philips Kitchen Appliances HD6371/94 smokeless indoor grill
The HD6371/94 Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill is our chosen best infrared indoor grill, and our third best electric grill overall. It’s wooing customers with its smokeless feature, which makes it perfect even for apartment dwellers with strict landlords.
Infrared Technology and Special Reflectors
This product has advanced infrared technology and special reflectors, which guide the heat towards the grill grids for an even heat distribution. This means scrumptious dishes, as it lets you evenly grill your food.
Thanks to its always cool drip tray underneath, any juices and fats it catches will not splatter and create smoke. Indeed, it’s the perfect equipment for anyone who prefers to grill indoors.
You don’t have to worry about fumbling with the heat settings. This indoor electric grill heats up quickly and remains at a cooking temperature of 446°F. It’s the perfect temperature for a juicy and tender platter.
- Cleans up easily
- Install in as fast as one minute
- Sturdy non-slip feet
- Heats up fast
- Cooks evenly
- Heat cannot be adjusted
- Infrared light can be a bit bright for some people
- Advanced infrared technology and special reflectors guide heat to the indoor grills cooking grid for delicious, evenly grilled food. The drip tray underneath remains cool so there is virtually no smoke.
- No need to adjust the heat! The indoor grill quickly heats up to a consistent 446°F, the optimal temperature for cooking and searing your favorite meat, poultry and fish leaving it juicy and tender on the inside.
- The electric grill ensures food is not cooked into its own grease and the fat is separated during grilling ; Voltage: 120 V
- Clean up your electric grill in less than a minute! Either wipe the grid clean or place it in the dishwasher. Cleaning a grill has never been easier.
- The indoor grill sets up in 1-minute - spend more time cooking and less on prep. Powerful 1660 Watts for cooking and non-slip feet to ensure your electric grill stays in place.
After careful review, we can’t deny that the Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill is the best value infrared grill. Its features all combine for an awesome performance and an unforgettable grilling experience.
4. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
The Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Indoor Searing Grill is specifically built to give customers that outdoor grill experience as convenient as possible. WIth cooking features that help lock in juices and flavors for a tastier dish, no wonder it’s people’s go-to indoor electric grill.
Its heat control setting has a high-heat sear option to lock in juices and flavors, so you can cook even the toughest meat to perfection.
To trap heat, this device comes with a transparent lid window. Simply close it and watch while your food cooks.
Extra-Large Drip Tray
With the extra-large drip tray, you can finally enjoy grilling without worrying about the mess.
Cooking shouldn’t be a guessing game! Good thing it comes with indicator lights to inform you when it’s ready to grill.
- Cleans quickly due to its removable plate, lid, and drip tray
- Has a heat control knob plus a high searing temperature
- Minimal to no smoke
- Nonstick plate
- Can grill up to 8 servings at a time
- Not ideal for big-batch grilling
- ENJOY OUTDOOR FLAVOR INDOORS. Grill your favorite foods year-round in any weather with this Hamilton Beach indoor grill. There's no need for a bulky, time-consuming outdoor grill that needs propane, charcoal or lighter fluid to heat up.
- LOCK IN JUICES AND FLAVOR — SEAR AT 450° F. The high searing heat of 450° F (232° C) locks in juices and flavors to provide perfect grilling results for everything you sear on this electric grill, from steak and burgers to pork chops and fish fillets.
- KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR FOOD: This indoor grill with hood comes with a convenient window in lid lets you watch food cook while keeping heat inside.
- EASY-TO-CLEAN NONSTICK GRILLING PLATE. The nonstick grilling plate keeps food from sticking to this indoor electric grill as you cook and is removable and dishwasher safe, so there's no more endless scraping to remove stuck-on food.
- VERSATILE GRILLING TEMPERATURES LET YOU GRILL EVERYTHING: From quick grilled shrimp and scallops to mushrooms, peppers and pineapple, there's almost no limit to the versatility of grilling, since the temperature adjusts from 200° F to 450° F.
All in all, it’s definitely the best indoor electric grill. It cooks food easily, consistently, and efficiently. Even inexperienced grillers will easily fall in love with this grill.
5. Char-Broil 20602107 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill, Black
This is another infrared electric grill that barely takes up space in your patio, but is big enough to fit as much as 12 servings at a time. Customers have been raving about this electric patio grill, also known as the Char-Broil 20602107 Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill, Black due to having advanced features.
This grill is made with TRU-infrared cooking technology. It radiates heat as opposed to conventional grills that rely on the circulation of heat. This means less cooking time, no flare-ups, and oh-so-juicy food!
Cleaning is easy because of its porcelain-coated grate, which keeps food from sticking. It’s also rust-resistant.
Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge
Unlike many grills, this electric grill for patio allows you to know the air temperature inside while it cooks, so you can make adjustments accordingly.
Pull-Out Grease Tray
Cleaning is as easy as pulling out the grease tray anytime to wash it in the sink.
Removable Warming Rack
Avoid burning food that only requires minimal heat with its removable warming rack.
- No flare-ups
- No hot or cold spots
- Wide cooking space
- With an integrated heat control knob
- The air outside can affect the reading of the temperature gauge
- The temperature gauge doesn’t read the temperature of the grate
- 320 square inches of grilling surface area or 8 to 12 hamburger capacity
- Electric TRU-Infrared cooking system allows you to cook your food evenly with less flare-ups - juicier food, every time
- Porcelain-coated premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Compact and stylish design with wheels to easily move around your backyard or patio
- Great option if you can't use gas or charcoal and have a small footprint
The Charbroil doesn’t disappoint at all. With features that will help you grill perfectly in a shorter time, you won’t have to look for another electric patio grill!
6. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill, Black
Take grilling to a whole new level with Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill. This equipment isn’t just for grilling. You can roast, braise, and so much more! It’s the biggest we have on the list, and it has innovative features you won’t easily find in other electric grills.
Don’t be afraid to go all out with this big electric grill. And if you get tired of grilling, feel free to roast, smoke, braise, barbecue, or even bake with it!
Patented Ash Clean-Out
This bad boy cleans easily due to its patented ash clean-out. Simply pull the lever and all the ash from your last grilling session will drop into a burn cup. Then remove the cup, dump the ash, put the burn cup back, and you’re all set.
Automatic Pellet Auger
Changing hardwood pellets for a variety of flavor profiles has never been more convenient with its automatic pellet auger dispenser.
Avoid undercooking or overcooking food by controlling the heat with its stainless steel temperature probe and digital controls.
- Comes with a side shelf
- Has a temperature control that can go from 160° F to 500° F
- Quick and easy to clean
- Can fit up to 20 burger patties at a time
- Not for indoors due to smoke
- Best for slow cooking
- PID controller for consistent temperatures (+/- 5ºF ), Adjustable smoke settings from 1-10, 160º F - 500ºF temperature range, Easy to use menu dial, High-visibility, low-glare digital display, Includes 2 meat probes
- Ash Cleanout System, Pellet Hopper Cleanout/Purge, Grease Management System
- Large capacity pellet hopper means less filling, more smoking
- Side attachment compatible (Sidekick or Sear Box)
- Grilling Area Dimensions: 19.5" x 22", Total Rack Surface Area: 573 sq. in, Hopper Capacity: 18 lbs. of pellets, Overall weight: 140 lbs
If you prefer an outdoor electric grill that uses pellets, then you don’t have to look far. Not only does this do a wonderful job at grilling, but it also offers so much more so you can switch things up whenever you please.
7. Techwood 15-Serving Electric Grill
Here’s another indoor outdoor electric grill that made it to our list of the top ten best electric grills. The Techwood Electric BBQ Grill 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill BBQ Grill, 240” Nonstick Removable Stand Grill 1600W, Blue is one sturdy equipment that’s convenient, especially for big-batch servings. Made with the highest standards, you can grill whenever and wherever you like without using propane–which means no flare-ups!
Foldable Warming Rack
Apart from its wide grilling surface, it has a foldable warming rack for additional space so you can maintain your platter’s temperature.
Removable Temperature Indicator and Regulator
Perfect your cooking with a temperature indicator and regulator by controlling the heat.
Avoid creating a mess while grilling with an anti-drip oil plate.
Control the moisture of food by opening or closing the lid vent while grilling.
- Handles remain cool even when the grill is in use
- Has a lid vent
- Nonstick coating to prevent food from getting stuck
- Double-layer design for durability
- With a detachable base and an iron pillar
- Assembling the unit can take long especially for first-time users
- Removing the tray involves removing other parts like bolts and screws
- 15 + servings - The 240 Square Inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people. The above foldable warming rack offers extra space to keep the food in temperature.（It is 3ft off the ground for the best of most people.)
- Removable temperature indicator and Regulator - The temperature regulator makes it easy to find the right amount of heat for whatever you create. It also lets you grill everywhere with the cool touch handles. This electric grill comes with a iron pillar and Anti-slip base making the grill sturdy and strongly supports the grill and food inside it.
- Apartment-Approved - This indoor/outdoor grill takes you from patio to indoor. Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups.
- Upgrade double-sided non-stick cold rolled plate for easier cleaning,the cooking grill and drip tray need to be cleaned with warm water and damp cloth.
- To some extent, tip-can control moisture of foods by opening or closing lid vent. Turn the vent clockwise to close or open it to achieve your expected effection - tender and juicy. Although we can't be around you, we hope to provide you with the most sincere service.Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our electric bbq grill!
If charcoal grills aren’t allowed in your residence, this is a great and even better alternative. With this indoor outdoor grill, you can finally achieve the authentic grill taste without worrying about fire or smoke.
8. George Foreman 12-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Red
Another George Foreman electric grill made it to our list! This George Foreman 12-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Rectangular Electric Grill, Red, GFO201R is just as efficient. It offers a wide grilling space, which allows you the option to grill up as much as 12 servings at a time.
Adjustable Temperature Control
Just like other George Foreman indoor outdoor electric grills, this grill lets you choose from the heat options so you can grill your food evenly.
George Tough Nonstick Coating
Its nonstick coating helps you grill your platter without having to depend on butter or oil. It also makes cleaning a breeze.
Fat Removing Slope
It’s now possible to cook healthy meat, as it removes as much as 42% fat from meat platters while grilling.
The drip tray catches all grease, fats, and juices while you grill. It’s also dishwasher-friendly, which helps you clean up quickly.
- High-quality grilling performance without the need for propane
- Nonstick coating
- No smoke or flare-up
- Removable stand
- The stand can be wobbly if incorrectly installed
- George Tough Nonstick Coating
- 12+ Servings
- Variable Temperature Control
- Removable Stand
Overall, this indoor outdoor electric grill is proof that George Foreman is one of the leading kitchen appliances brands. It aims to make grilling a fun and convenient activity for everyone, and this particular product model is no exception.
9. Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill
Cuisinart continues to redefine the experience of grilling with this compact electric grill. Apart from its durability, it’s been designed to make your life easier with features like a high power heating element and a nonstick grate.
1500 Watt Heating Element
Sears steaks, burgers, and other meat easily with its 1500 watt heating element.
Porcelain-Enameled Cooking Grate
Stuck food will be the least of your concerns due to a large porcelain-enameled cooking grate.
This compact electric grill is designed with efficiency. It’s light, and it comes with durable folding legs so you can sear anywhere you want as long as there’s a power source.
- No flare-ups
- Cooks evenly
- No need to assemble, just plug and turn on
- Compact yet large enough to serve 8 people
- Easy-to-use heat control knobs
- Drip tray might not be easy to clean due to its small size
- 145-SQUARE-INCH PORCELAIN ENAMELED COOKING GRATE: 145-square-inches of porcelain enameled cooking space gives you a spacious cooking area that is able to easily accommodate a meal for 4.
- 1500 WATT HEATING ELEMENT: Features a 1500 watt heating element that provides plenty of power for searing burgers, steaks and more!
- COMPACT DESIGN: The grill measures 18. 5 x 16 x 11. 5 inches and comes with a folding table top stand. The grill weighs only 17 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, tailgating and more.
- DURABLE FOLDING LEGS: The grill features folding legs that provide a stable and durable base for the grill and fits perfectly on any outdoor table top.
- NO ASSEMBLY: The grill comes ready to use right out of the box. Simply discard packing material, unfold the legs, plug it in and you’re ready to get grilling!
This is definitely the best outdoor electric grill you will find. It’s easy to use, durable, and convenient, which is perfect no matter your lifestyle.
10. Elite gourmet indoor grill
The Elite Gourmet EMG6505G is another indoor grill that promises to bring the fun of outdoor cooking inside your own home. Aside from its indoor-friendly features, it allows you to cook food with an authentic grill taste.
Precise Temperature Control
Grill according to your preferred temperature with its precise temperature control.
All parts are built to be detachable and dishwasher-safe. It also comes with a drip tray to catch the juices and fats from meat.
Circulating Heat Element
You don’t have to wait long to heat things. Its circulating heat element will do that for you immediately so you can enjoy your food right away.
Tempered Glass Lid
You can cover your food as it grills and still watch as it cooks with its tempered glass lid.
- Removable thermostat control
- Heats up fast
- Wide grilling space so you can cook different foods at once
- With 5 adjustable heat settings that can go up to 450° F
- Handles remain cool no matter how hot your grill gets
- it’s best to keep the lid closed while grilling to prevent grease from splattering
- DON’T LET RAIN RUIN YOUR BARBECUES ANYMORE – Enjoy all the fun of an outdoor BBQ in the comfort of your home with our premium indoor electric grill and prepare the most mouth-watering meals for your family
- SAVE TIME & GRILL ALL YOUR FAVORITE FOODS AT ONCE – Now you can throw your steaks, your wife’s veggies, your son’s ribs and your daughter’s salmon on the large 12" grilling surface at once. And thanks to its reliable PFOA-Free nonstick coating, you’ll never have to deal with stuck food again. Plus, there’s a removable 120V/1200W thermostat control with 5 adjustable settings up to 450°F.
- ENJOY ALL YOUR LOW-FAT, HEALTHY RECIPES EFFORTLESSLY – Our reliable indoor grill features a circular heating element that allows it to heat up faster and more evenly, so you can cook everything to perfection. Fat will drip away from your food and cool-touch base and handles will prevent any nasty burns
- DISHWASHER SAFE PARTS – We know that cleaning your grill can be extremely frustrating, that’s why we’ve made sure that all parts of our electric grill are detachable and dishwasher safe. Now you can spend less time cleaning up and more time enjoying your delicious grilled food
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY – Designed by BBQ lovers for BBQ lovers, this ergonomic and sturdy indoor grill comes with an EXCLUSIVE 1-YEAR WARRANTY. Included removable parts: Grill base, drip tray, extra large non-stick grill plate, tempered glass lid, thermostat control knob, instruction manual with recipe guide
It’s a great electric grill if you prefer to cook inside your home. Whether you’re grilling for the first time or you’ve been grilling for as long as you can remember, you will find this appliance very convenient to use.
Things to Consider When Choosing your Electric Grill
When you’re on the hunt for a new electric grill, there are important things you must consider. These will help you pick the right electric grill that balances both your wants and needs. Here are some important factors you must take into account:
Do you live in an apartment without an open area? Or do you live in a house with a huge backyard? Where you live will determine if you need an indoor or an outdoor electric grill.
For example, if you have no open space, then forget about getting an electric charcoal grill.
How much space do you have? This will determine the correct size of electric grill you should purchase. Keep in mind, you must have enough room to grill safely.
How often will you grill? If you’re grilling all the time, then a heavy-duty grill will suit you better. If you will only grill on the weekends, then a standard electric grill will be your best bet.
Last but not least, you must consider your budget. There’s no point in spending all your time studying an electric grill if it doesn’t fit your budget anyway! Once you have set your budget, then can you make a full and final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions-FAQs
1. What is the best electric grill?
There are many great electric grills in the market–if you know where to look. For 2021, however, we highly recommend George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, 15-Serving. It has everything you dreamed of in a grill, except you don’t need charcoal or propane to use it.
2. Is an electric BBQ worth it?
Electric BBQ is worth it–if you’re the type of person who loves to grill. Aside from its convenience, it’s a healthy way to cook food! For instance, there are electric BBQ grills that are nonstick, so you can say goodbye to butter and cooking oil.
3. Are electric grills as good as gas grills?
Electric grills are definitely as good as gas grills. With the ever-evolving technology, electric grills are now able to provide that authentic grill taste you can only get by using charcoal grills and gas grills.
4. What is the point of an electric grill?
An electric grill is a cooking appliance that relies on electricity to supply heat. It’s a great alternative to traditional grills, because there’s no flame involved.
5. Are outdoor electric grills any good?
Electric grills are great for cooking outside. Since they don’t make use of unsustainable gas fuels, they are good for the environment. In fact, it’s even healthier than traditional electric grills.
Grilling should be fun and memorable, not a pain in the neck that burns a hole in your pocket. Fortunately, you can avoid mishaps by choosing an electric grill that perfectly fits your lifestyle. Simply go through our list of top ten best electric grills for 2021, and you’re all set for the best possible grilling experience.
Other Travel Gears and Accessories We Reviewed
Bags and Luggage
- The Fastest Private Jet You Can Own
- Buying Guide to the 12 Best Backpacking Tents of 2021
- 10 Best Backpacking Sleeping Bags
- 10 Best Brands of Fishing Kayak with Motor
- 10 Best Inflatable Kayak in the Market
- 10 Best Pop Up Canopy Tents
- 10 Best 6 Person Tent Equipment in 2021