Do you enjoy eating and exchanging stories with friends around a campfire? Or how about having a picnic with a loved one after a long hike? If you love camping and other outdoor activities, then camping coolers are important to have.
However, finding the best cooler for your needs can be challenging. There are plenty of options to choose from, which can leave you confused and overwhelmed. So, we made a well-reviewed list to help you decide better.
Here are the top 10 best camping coolers you should keep in mind.
- What are Camping Coolers?
- 1. TOURIT cooler backpack 30 cans lightweight
- 2. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler
- 3. Coleman Excursion Portable Cooler, 9 Quart
- 4. Igloo BMX
- 5. YETI Tundra 45 Cooler
- 6. Coleman Cooler 54-Quart
- 7. Igloo Polar 120 Cooler
- 8. Coleman FlipLid Personal Cooler, 5 Quarts
- 9. Lifewit Collapsible Cooler Bag
- 10. FORICH Backpack Cooler
- Things to Consider When Choosing your Camping Cooler
- FAQs – Best Camping Coolers in the Market
- Check out our other recommendations!
What are Camping Coolers?
Camping coolers are containers that can keep a cool temperature for long hours. They vary in features such as size, weight, and design to cater to different individuals with different needs. But don’t expect them to stay as cold as your freezer! These are not meant to replace your good old refrigerator.
To use one, place ice blocks or ice packs inside. Then, fill it up with enough food and beverages, and enjoy these later as you camp out.
1. TOURIT cooler backpack 30 cans lightweight
The TOURIT Cooler Backpack 30 Cans Lightweight Insulated Backpack Cooler Leakproof is our best camping cooler this year. It offers a lot of features that make camping out a breeze anytime, anywhere. For instance, it has multiple pockets to keep your things neatly organized. It can also hold up to 30 cans, which is pretty surprising for its weight and size. Plus, you can easily turn it into a daily pack for lunches at work, all thanks to its stylish design!
Ventilate Exterior Material
This cooler backpack is made of ventilation material on the back. So, you don’t have to worry about getting wet due to the condensation as you carry it.
Don’t be fooled by its size! This cooler has enough space for your camping needs. In fact, it can carry as many as 30 cans, each 300ml in size!
It’s easy to stay organized with this product, thanks to its roomy storage compartment and six other pockets: 1 mesh pocket, 2 side mesh pockets, 1 zipper pocket on the lid, 2 large front zipper pockets for your utensils. In addition, you will get a beer opener attached to the strap.
This backpack cooler will keep your food and beverages hot or cold for as long as 16 hours.
It is built with a leakproof liner to ensure that nothing leaks, no matter what the temperature is.
Made of durable fabric
Easy to clean
Can be used as a daily pack
Not suitable for holding items for a large group
- Insulated Cooler Backpack: Insulation material and leak-proof liner inside the insulated backpacks work together to ensure anti-leaking and keep food hot / cold for 16 hours
- Large Capacity Coolers: 13.0" x 7.5" x 17" / 33cm x 19cm x 43cm (L x W x H), Weight: 1.1 pounds / 500g, can hold up to 30 cans(330ml), own enough space for all your necessities
- Multiple Pockets: 1 main roomy storage compartment, 2 side mesh pockets, 2 large front zipper pockets to keep utensils, 1 zipper pocket on the lid, 1 mesh pocket, and 1 beer opener on the strap
- Light yet Durable: Made of waterproof, durable fabric, the best lightweight backpack with cooler for work, picnics, road / beach trips, hiking, camping, or cycling, a perfect gift for men and women
- Multiple Functions: The stylish design of our insulated cooler backpack makes it also can be used as a lunch backpack or daily pack. Perfect for lunches, picnics, work, or travel
The TOURIT Cooler Backpack is exactly what you need when you are planning for outdoor activity, especially camping. It’s oh-so-comfortable to carry around with you. Although it may not be suitable for large groups, it is still spacious enough to carry food and drinks for more than one person.
2. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler
The Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler takes the second spot on our list of best camping coolers. It has been designed with usability and convenience in mind to give you a memorable camping trip. For instance, it offers advanced features such as a patent flip-open lid, an ultra-safe leakproof interior lining, an adjustable backsaver shoulder strap, and so much more!
Patented “Flip-Open” Lid
This camping cooler has a patented flip-open zipperless lid so you can access food and drinks easily.
HardBody Liner with SmartShelf
It’s easy to stay organized with its durable, FDA-compliant HardBody liner and removable SmartShelf that separates food from hard items like canned beverages.
It can fit as many as 48 cans. That’s enough to keep you and your friends hydrated as you camp out.
Rhino-Tech Water and Stain-Resistant
Cleaning is a breeze due to its Rhino-Tech water and stain-resistant feature. Simply wipe clean the exteriors, and it’s good to go. Plus, it’s puncture and abrasion-resistant.
Adjustable Backsaver Shoulder Strap
Unlike other products, this is very easy to carry because of its adjustable backsaver shoulder strap. It also comes with a shoulder pad for extra comfort.
This cooler has a deep freeze, high-performance insulation that prevents heat absorption. As a result, your food and drinks can stay cold for up to 3 days. You will also enjoy putting things in the front pocket, which is insulated as well.
With this cooler, you no longer have to worry about making a mess as your ice starts to melt. Its interior lining is ultra-safe leakproof, which keeps anything liquid right where it should be–inside.
Easy to clean
Anti-slip shoulder pads
The plastic liner can break if not handled with care
Going over the weight capacity may damage the strap
- TITAN DEEP FREEZE ZIPPERLESS HARDBODY COOLER: Zipperless cooler features a patented, "flip-open" Zipperless lid for quick access to food and drinks; Keeps ice for up to two days and holds up to 48 cans
- DEEP FREEZE PERFORMANCE INSULATION: Features Deep Freeze Performance Insulation with an integrated radiant heat barrier; Perfect for keeping food and beverages cold during travel, tailgates, picnics, and more
- HARDBODY LINER WITH SMARTSHELF: Includes a removable HardBody liner with SmartShelf that allows you to separate hard items from soft so sandwiches and other soft foods don't get crushed; SmartShelf easily removes for extra space
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE AND USABILITY: Cooler features an adjustable Backsaver shoulder strap with an anti-slip shoulder pad for carrying comfort and rugged exterior material that is water- and stain-repellent and easy to wipe clean
- EASY TO CLEAN: Our products are meant to last no matter how dirty they get; Most food residues on the interior and exterior of the cooler can be wiped clean with mild soapy water and a damp cloth; We recommend air-drying to protect cooler insulation
We just can’t get enough of the Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze! Who wouldn’t fall in love with a camping cooler that keeps ice for up to 3 days? It also has convenience written all over it to help you fully enjoy your camping trip. Now, all you have to worry about is what to prepare when you go out camping.
3. Coleman Excursion Portable Cooler, 9 Quart
Are you planning an afternoon camping trip? Then the Coleman Excursion Portable Cooler, 9 Quart is just what you need. This product has enough space to hold up to 9 cans or a full meal. It also has a bail handle, which helps you carry it easily wherever you go. Now, you won’t have to fuss about protecting your meal from extreme temperatures outside.
Integrated Lid Hinges
This camping cooler comes with integrated lid hinges that are durable. It can withstand repeated opening and closing of the lid whenever you are putting or removing anything inside.
Take this cooler wherever you wish, because it’s easy to carry around with one hand all thanks to its bail handle.
You would be surprised with its capacity to keep your food and beverages cold for hours!
Tight lid to prevent from opening accidentally
Easy to clean
May require a little force to open at times
Can only fit meals good for 1 to 2 persons
- Holds 9 cans or 6 twenty-ounce bottles
- Large, comfortable handle
- Convenient hinged lid
- Substantial foam insulation
This adorable camping cooler is definitely perfect when you are planning a quick solo getaway or a trip for two. It is neither too small nor too big, and you can expect it to keep a cool temperature all day long. It’s also compact enough to bring to work with you everyday, so you can make the most of your work lunches!
4. Igloo BMX
Go all out on your weekend camping trip with the Igloo BMX. This cooler will surely stun you with its blow-molded exterior and 1.5-inch thick foam layer interior. Add in the cool riser technology plus the UV inhibitors, and you can expect this product to retain ice for as long as 4 days!
Heavy Duty Blow-Molded Exterior
This cooler has a heavy-duty blow-molded exterior with UV inhibitors. It helps block off sun rays, which keeps ice from melting easily.
Cool Riser Technology
The cooler riser technology works together with the exteriors to maintain a cold temperature for up to 4 days. It protects the cooler from losing its temperature even when placed on a warm surface.
This product has durable rubber latches. So, opening the cooler is as simple as pulling them.
Stainless Steel Hinges
Keeping a cooler open can be challenging, but not with this product! It has stainless steel hinges that make it easy to hold up for as long as you want. The handles, kickplates, and screws are stainless steel as well for convenience.
Triple Point Grab Handle with Rubber Grip
This cooler is so comfortable to carry around with you due to its triple point grab handle with a rubber grip.
Do you like to go fishing whenever you camp out? You’re in luck! This comes with a fish ruler to measure your catch.
Easy to clean
Does not have a drain plug
- Heavy duty blow-molded construction with reinforced base for increased strength and protection.
- Extremely durable yet lightweight with proven 4-5 day ice retention
- UV inhibitors protect the cooler against sun damage for extended life.
- Rust-resistant, stainless-steel hinge rods and hardware provide extended performance.
- Rubberized T-grip latches keep lid secure.
If you want to take camping to the next level, then look no further! The Igloo BMX works wonders when it comes to keeping your food and beverages cold for days on end. We also love how it’s easy to carry around for any type of adventure. It’s definitely a great investment that you can expect to last for years.
5. YETI Tundra 45 Cooler
Who’s a pro camper? You are! With the high-end YETI Tundra 45 Cooler, you can finally have a wonderful camping experience even if it’s your first time. It possesses that toughness YETI is known for and has a great ice retention feature, thanks to its three-inch-thick PermaFrost™ Insulation and rotomolded construction.
This Yeti cooler possesses a 3-inch thick PermaFrost Insulation for long ice retention. Now, you can add as many as 26 cans and keep them cold for a long time
Aside from its insulation features, it is certified bear-resistant due to a 2-inch thick FatWall Design.
A rotomolded construction ensures your YETI Tundra 45 is impenetrable and indestructible. It’s an uncommon feature that makes it anyone’s favorite camping cooler.
T-Rex Lid Latches
Forget about busted rubber latches! This high-end camping cooler has T-Rex lid latches for extra durability.
Easy to clean
Can be heavy
Built without wheels
- The YETI Tundra 45 combines versatility with durability with a capacity of up to 26 cans with a recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio
- Ice stays ice thanks to up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design is certified Bear-Resistant
- The Rotomolded Construction makes the Tundra armored to the core and virtually indestructible so wherever you decide to take it, this portable cooler’s sturdy construction will stand up to the rigors of the journey
- All Tundra coolers feature T-Rex Lid Latches constructed of heavy-duty rubber so you’ll never see another busted latch and has patented keeper technology
- The Tundra 45 dimensions are 25 1/2 in long x 16 in wide x 15 ½ in high with an empty weight of 23 lbs NOTE: All Tundra models come standard with one dry goods basket.
If you want a high-end cooler that does not disappoint, then the YETI Tundra 45 is the way to go. It’s versatile, durable, and convenient to use. Plus, it’s certified bear-resistant! Now, you do not have to worry about grizzly bears or sweltering conditions as you go camping.
6. Coleman Cooler 54-Quart
Meet your new camping trip buddy, the Coleman Cooler 54-Quart Cooler for Camping, BBQs, Tailgating, and Outdoor Activities. This high-quality cooler is made of durable features that can last for years without sacrificing quality. It also provides so much space for your camping food and beverages. As for ice retention, it can last as long as 4 days even if the temperature outside hits 90°F.
Premium Insulation Features
What melting ice? This large cooler can keep ice for up to four days so you can focus more on your camping experience and less on your drinks and food.
What else could you possibly ask for with its capacity to accommodate as many as 85 cans?
Stainless Steel Hardware
Built with stainless steel hardware, this cooler can last for years without rusting or breaking.
Comfort-Grip Steel Handles
Take it anywhere with you! Its comfort-grip steel handles make it easy to lift and carry, whether there are only one or two people around.
Easy to clean
- High-capacity, heavy-duty cooler features a charming retro design
- 54-quart capacity accommodates up to 85 cans. Plastic parts of the cooler include the drain plugs, hinges and handles
- Premium insulation offers 4-day ice retention in temperatures as high as 90°F
- Built to deliver years of performance with rust-resistant stainless steel hardware
- Comfort-grip steel handles allow for easy, controlled lifting and carrying
If you want a cooler that is well-worth your money, you are looking right at it. It’s so spacious and sturdy, you no longer need to stress over what you can and can’t bring to your camping trips. Add in its awesome retro design, we can’t guarantee you will not fall in love with it at first sight!
7. Igloo Polar 120 Cooler
Going out camping with the fam-bam? The Igloo Polar 120 Cooler is just what you need and more! This awesome camping cooler is so reliable, you can expect it to keep your essentials at a cool temperature for days. It can also feed the entire crew thanks to its capacity to hold 188 cans (12 oz.). When the temperature rises outside, no problem! This bad boy can withstand up to 90 degrees of heat so you can fully enjoy your entire camping trip.
The lid comes with UV inhibitors to keep the sun from melting the ice inside or damaging the cooler.
Odor-Resistant and Stain-Resistant Liner
You don’t have to worry about cleaning up any mess and smell afterwards. This cooler is easy to clean, because of its odor-resistant and stain-resistant liner.
Threaded Drain Plug
It is also easy to drain due to a threaded drain plug. Just plug in a hose or simply open it to get rid of excess water.
There’s no need to worry about spills, because it has snap-fit latches to keep the lid shut tightly.
Snap-lock, child safety latch
Protect tiny hands with a snap-lock safety latch that is childproof.
Easy to clean
Latches need extra care as they are made of plastic (but can be replaced with steel latches)
Can get heavy
- Ultratherm insulated body and lid keep ice for 5 days at 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Reinforced swing-up handles with tie-down loop feature
- Dual snap-fit latches secure lid closure
- Threaded drain plug for hose hook up and easy draining
- 188-can capacity, Exterior Dimensions 38.31" L x 17.38" W x 17.75" D. Top - 34.69 x 14.88 x 13.25 inches. Bottom - 33 x 13.25 x 13.25 inches
This is definitely a cooler that lets you enjoy your family camping trip longer than usual. Not only does it fit plenty of food and beverages, but it can also hold ice for up to 5 days! It’s also built for easy cleaning as it lets you drain water through a drain plug. It’s a camping cooler that doesn’t disappoint. Your loved ones will finally look forward to every family adventure in the future!
8. Coleman FlipLid Personal Cooler, 5 Quarts
Coleman takes another spot on our list of top 10 best camping coolers with the Coleman FlipLid Personal Cooler. It’s not just any cooler. It’s also a mini table that you can bring on any type of adventure! Just flip the lid, and you’re ready for your packed food and beverages. It can also fit as much as 6 cans. It’s the perfect size to keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
The lid is made with reversible hinges so it doubles as a mini table. All you have to do is flip it to see enough space for your food and molded cup holders for your drinks
The bail handle allows you to carry the entire cooler without discomfort or any other inconvenience.
With an EZ-Clean lid, cleaning this cooler is as quick as wiping it with a cloth.
Easy to Clean
Molded cup holders
Can only fit one full meal
- Portable ice cooler keeps food and beverages cold
- 5-quart capacity holds up to 6 cans
- FlipLid is designed with reversible hinges so it can double as a mini tray table
- Bail handle for convenient one-handed carrying
- Made in the USA
You just can’t resist a Coleman! This brand knows how to make any type of adventure enjoyable. Just place some ice and let it do the work. It’s also comfortable to carry around everywhere due to its ball handle. When you’re done, simply wipe it clean and it’s ready for your next camping trip, afternoon picnic, or lunch at work.
9. Lifewit Collapsible Cooler Bag
Here’s another cooler that’s perfect for a camping adventure: the Lifewit Collapsible Cooler Bag 32. As the name implies, It is spacious enough to fit 32 cans. It will also help keep your things organized with its multiple pockets. As for its insulation performance, you can expect your drinks to stay cool for 12 hours or more.
Longer Time Insulated
EPE foam and 210D oxford fabric make up the upper section, while its high-density insulation material ensures your food and beverages stay fresh and cold for 12 hours or longer.
The lining is connected seamlessly to the entire unit using a hot pressing technology. Say goodbye to leaks!
This cooler has more than enough pockets to keep extra stuff. It has 2 front pockets, 2 side pockets, and 1 wide pocket at the top.
Detachable Shoulder Strap
Choose how you want to carry this cooler with its detachable shoulder strap. You can carry it by hand, with the strap on your shoulder, or by placing it inside your suitcase (it’s collapsible).
You can easily see your drinks and beverages at a glance, thanks to its wide-opening design.
Will need new ice packs after a day
- Large Capacity: Our cooler bag can hold up to 20 liters (5 gallons) by volume. You can take 27 cans(330ml) of your favorite drinks plus ice.The overall dimensions are approximately 14.9" (38cm) x 8.6" (22cm) x 9.4" (24cm).
- High-density Lining: The exterior of the cooler bag is constructed out of oxford cloth which making it durable. Upgraded from traditional sewing construction, the lower section adopts hot pressing technology to connect the lining seamlessly.
- Longer Time Use: There are use 600D oxford cloth and EPE foam to store items make sure it long lasting use. It can be used for food delivery services and a great solution to haul food from the grocery store.
- Multiple Pocket: Equipped with 1 wide top pocket, 2 side pockets, and 2 front pockets, the multiple pockets can meet the needs of storing different items. It can be use for your personal duffel bag. Designed with a padded handle and a detachable shoulder strap that offers 3 carrying styles. You can choose to carry by hand or carry with a shoulder strap. You can also put this bag on your suitcase for travel as well.
- Versatile Use: This cooler bag can be packed with lunch and a few ice packs for camping, and it can be placed in the trunk of your SUV as well. When you take a travel by airplane, it can fold it flat and pack it in your suitcase.
If you are looking for a cooler that prioritizes comfort and convenience, we highly recommend the Lifewit Collapsible Cooler 32. Unlike other camping coolers, you won’t feel any pressure on your shoulder or back as you carry it around. Bringing another bag for your camping trip isn’t necessary either–it has a lot of space and pockets to keep other items. Once you’re ready to tuck it away, fold it flat and that’s it!
10. FORICH Backpack Cooler
Ending our top 10 best camping coolers is the FORICH Backpack Cooler. This cooler can hold up to 30 cans plus 4 wine bottles in the side pockets. And that doesn’t even include other pockets to keep your phone, flashlight, car keys, and more! Carrying it is also a breeze, since it’s made of durable yet lightweight material. Now, you won’t have to sweat about the possibility of your backpack ripping or tearing from all the weight you are carrying–literally!
Apart from the main large storage compartment, it has 2 large pockets in front of your food and beverages, a pocket on the lid, a spacious mesh pocket on each side, and a mesh pocket on the strap for your phone. It also comes with a beer opener.
Lightweight and Durable
This backpack cooler is made of durable fabric that doesn’t rip, tear, or scratch.
Adjustable Shoulder Straps
Easily adjust the shoulder straps to your preference. The back section is also padded for added comfort as you carry it.
This backpack cooler has a leakproof liner and a thick insulation material on the interiors. It guarantees that everything, most especially cool air, stays inside.
The opening can be a bit narrow
- LARGE CAPACITY: 30 Cans/30L, Measures: 18.1”x13.3”x7.9”. FORICH insulated cooler backpack has enough space for all your necessities, such as meals, beer cooler, tall beverages, snacks, fruits, ice pack, cellphone and so on. Which can also hold 4 bottles of wine on side pockets.
- LEAKPROOF COOLER BACKPACK: Upgraded inner insulated thicken material and leak proof liner retains drinks/food cold or hot for many hours and anti-leaking. The interior lining is made of excellent upgrade material and easy to clean.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE: FORICH large backpack coolers made of heavy duty durable fabric, never rip, tear or scratch but also lightweight. High quality zipper is easy to pull smoothly. Adjustable shoulder straps and ergonomic design with padded sections on the back for comfortable and soft.
- MULTI PURPOSE: FORICH soft cooler bag waterproof is a great partner for outdoor activities. It is not only can be a insulated lunch backpack, but also beach cooler backpack, picnic backpack, hiking backpack, camping backpack, fishing bag, travel backpack and so on.
- MULTIPLE POCKETS: 1 main large soft coolers insulated leak proof storage compartment for drinks or food, 2 large zipper pocket in front for your dry items, and 1 zipper pocket on the lid used to organize small items, 2 plus large mesh side pockets which are perfect space for tall beverages or water bottle. 1 beer opener and 1 mesh pocket for phone on the strap. Perfect awesome cooler backpack!
Our Opinion – Best Camping Coolers
We believe that packing for your camping trip need not be complicated. It should be as quick and simple as choosing your favorite snacks, and then placing them inside your cooler. Fortunately, the FORICH Backpack Cooler offers that. Plus, it can keep everything at a cool temperature for long hours. Seriously, this is a must-have cooler for any kind of getaway.
Things to Consider When Choosing your Camping Cooler
When looking for perfect camping coolers, there are important factors you must take into account. These will help you determine the best cooler for your needs. Read on to find out what they are.
If your camping trip will last a few days, opt for a cooler that can retain pounds of ice just as long. If you only need it for afternoon picnics, then a cooler that will keep your drinks or food cold for hours is good enough.
The size will matter a lot. If you go on big group camping trips, you definitely need a large cooler. Otherwise, choose one with enough quart capacity to fit a complete meal.
Do you go camping every weekend? Go for durable camping coolers. Are there bears where you camp out? Then opt for a bear-resistant cooler. Do you hate carrying a cooler with you? You might be better off with wheeled camping coolers.
Your preferred type of adventure will determine the best type of cooler for you.
Set aside a budget before looking through camping coolers. It would be a waste of time to consider a high-end, heavy-duty cooler, only to find out later that you can’t afford it. And it would be a waste of money to settle for a cheap cooler when you could have afforded a much better one.
FAQs – Best Camping Coolers in the Market
1. Which cooler keeps ice the longest?
Although many of the camping coolers on our list can keep ice for long hours, the Igloo Polar 120 Cooler wins this category. Made with high-quality materials, it can withstand heat and retain ice for up to 5 days.
2. What’s the best cooler for the money?
Our best cooler for the money is the Coleman FlipLid Personal Cooler. It’s affordable, and it comes with a flip-lid that serves as a mini table. It’s the perfect cooler to bring with you on any type of adventure, really!
3. What size should I look for in camping coolers?
If you are going on a one or two-day camping trip by yourself, we recommend getting a 25-quart camping cooler.
If you are going on a three or four-day camping, we recommend getting a 45-quart camping cooler.
If you are going on a week-long camping trip, we recommend getting a 70-quart cooler.
4. What is the difference between a cooler and an ice chest?
Camping coolers are smaller, which makes it suitable for short trips. An ice chest is bigger, which makes it suitable for much longer trips.
Gone are the days when keeping your drinks and food cold is spoiling your camping trip. With our list of top ten best camping coolers for 2021, you can finally have the right camping essentials for your specific needs. So pick one and get ready for the best camping experience!
Check out our other recommendations!
Travel Gear and Accessories
- Best Portable Solar Generators Review and Guide 2021
- 10 Best Solar Powered Gadgets for Camping in 2021
- Best Portable Solar Chargers: 10 Product Reviews
- TOP 10 Best Travel Accessories And Gears 2021 Buying Guide
- 10 Best Hydration Bladder to Buy in 2020
- 10 Best Compact Binoculars
- Top 10 Best Touring Bicycles Review And Buyer Guide 2020
- Best Hiking Boots For Women
- Best Heated Vest Guide and Reviews 2021